cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I ship something on July 3 when the USPS is closed?

I have 2 items with a deadline shipping date of July 3.  How can I meet this deadline when the USPS is closed?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

The post office is open July 3rd. I asked my post master today. They are not taking Friday off as a floating holiday. They will be closed Saturday July 4th.
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

You could also ship them tomorrow, July 2nd and be within your deadline.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

They're opened tomorrow.

The handling time on Ebay is linked to USPS days open excluding weekends . So if it shows it ships by July 3rd then USPS is open.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

...3 small ones in my area will be closed...the main one opens until 3PM only...

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@notakeres wrote:

I have 2 items with a deadline shipping date of July 3.  How can I meet this deadline when the USPS is closed?  Thank you.

If your PO is going to be closed the 3rd, ship tomorrow.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

If you have a printer you can print a Label through eBay and give it to your Postman Tomorrow 7-2 or even 7-3. 

If you do not have a printer available (work, family etc....) there is always the option of finding a Fed Ex Office Location or similar operation near you.   Ask them once you print a Label through eBay if you can e-mail it to them and then have it printed and you can go and pick it up.  There will be a small fee yet you will meet your deadline.

If the Facility wants you to insert your e-mail account password in their computer please decline.  Label can be printed without them needing your password.   

I have done this 2-3 times when my Internet dropped and my Local Post Office closed early on a Saturday.  

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@bbravo65 wrote:

...3 small ones in my area will be closed...the main one opens until 3PM only...

OP's listings say that he is located in Las Vegas, so he should have no problem finding a PO that's open or using Carrier Pickup, on July 3.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@notakeres 

According to the USPS web site looks like you are good to go to ship on July 3rd or (July 2 if you wish).

USPS  does not always follow the same Holiday schedules as other businesses.  Been that way for eons.

The 2020 USPS postal holidays are:

• Wednesday, January 1 (New Years Day)
  • Monday, January 20 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
  • Monday, February 17 (President’s Day)
  • Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day)
  • Saturday, July 4 (Independence Day*)
  • Monday, September 7 (Labor Day)
  • Monday, October 12 (Columbus Day)
  • Wednesday, November 11 (Veterans Day)
  • Thursday, November 26 (Thanksgiving Day)
  • Friday, December 25 (Christmas Day)

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Question like this should never come up for a responsible seller. If there is a scheduling problem with shipping due to a holiday, it should be taken care of at the time of listing, not after a sale.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@upgradedendmills 

1.  eBay only provides a ship by date AFTER a sale is made i.e. when  it is paid for.

2.  Hard to know when an item will be  sold & paid for at the time of  posting a listing.

3.  The OP  has been a seller  since '03 and they should be familiar with USPS holidays by now - easy to look up via Goggle.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

My point is that if this question is asked on the 1st, and you think the 3rd is a holiday, why not consider shipping on the 2nd. Pushing deadlines and waiting for excuses doesn't seem to be a reasonable business practice.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Concur with this post but it seems to have a different spin than you previous pos re: you last sentence.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Thanks for the replies.  I just shipped it today.

The reason for my question is because there were only 2 items and I didn't want to stand in the long lines at the Post Office for just 2 items.  I was hoping to get more to send so it would be worth the wait.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply