cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are these shady power sellers getting legit negatives removed?

Ok so I've had two legit and very well earned negative feedbacks for shady sellers get removed almost instantly. The item was returned, but the feedback option was still available. I've got negatives before from things I've had returned and never got any of my negs removed?

One the guy was selling so called 900 ft rolls of kraft paper that were 1/3 the size of that normal order of paper. I order it twice a month, I know how big a stinkin roll of packing paper is supposed to be and weigh. Poof vanished in a few hours and still has seemingly good feedback despite shorting customers. 

Bought a cell phone for personal use from a seller on here. Sold me a bricked phone reported stolen. Sent it back, and that is well deserving of a neg. If you are selling phones it takes two dam seconds to run an imei check before shipping, but that neg was gone in less than an hour. 

What gives, is feedback meaningless once you reach power seller, which I am one too technically I guess but I'd sure love to just zap any negs like that. I don't like giving bad feedback, I hate getting it. Dishonest sellers deserve it. Cheating the system hurts buyers trust and that is already on thin ice around here. 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

When a Top Rated seller accepts the return, and refunds, any neutral, or negative feedback is auto-scrubbed by eBay bots as a "perk"

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

When a Top Rated seller accepts the return, and refunds, any neutral, or negative feedback is auto-scrubbed by eBay bots as a "perk"

When a TR seller is the cause of a unhappy buying transaction.

This perk likely helps some buyers decide to cut back on their ebay purchases 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Below is from eBay seller protection policy

When you offer free returns and accept the return:

• If the buyer leaves negative or neutral feedback for any reason or escalates an eBay Money Back Guarantee claim, we will automatically remove the feedback and protect you from impacts to your standards.

"What do we live for, if it's not to make life less difficult for each other?" — G Eliot
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

It isn't a power seller thing.

I believe sellers can have 5 negs removed a year, but under certain conditions only.  

I know there are conditions because there have been sellers who have gotten neg'd unfairly and ebay would still not remove them.  If what happened actually did happen, I have no idea how the seller was able to swing their removal.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Yeah, I've seen some negative feedback on others profiles where the buyer is actually leaving a review of the product like people do on Amazon. Like "I'm disappointed with this new model. They got rid of the preset brew mode which I really liked in the previous models".  You would think it would be easy to remove negative feedback of this sort. 😅

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@rugerskick wrote:

I believe sellers can have 5 negs removed a year, but under certain conditions only.  

I know there are conditions because there have been sellers who have gotten neg'd unfairly and ebay would still not remove them.  If what happened actually did happen, I have no idea how the seller was able to swing their removal.

Close, but actually a seller is allowed to use 5 feedback revision requests within 12 months.

As to any other feedback that is against policy/trs+/free return rules eBay can and will remove those negatives upon reporting.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Iv seen a seller account with 100% but the monthly stats showed 14k positive feedback and 250+ negative  and another 150 neutrals...thats when just wrote the whole system as fixed/fale..also can't stand buyers saying fast shipping,  that would be the usps not us.. some people's kids.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Feedback is a relic of the 20th century internet, when buying online was exciting and edgy and a little scary, instead of how we buy Kreuger coffee capsules.

Time to lose it.

Disputes over actual problems that can be discussed like adults. Yes.

Reviews of products. Yes.

But whining about hurt feelings? Pff.

Lose feedback.

Make the dispute and claims system easier to find.

And help sellers who have problems with scamming customers more.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

I tend to wait until the last minute on negative feedback before expiration. I will not leave it close to the return period. It has the best chance of remaining this way, but still not a guarantee. Easier to go thru help & an agent to report the seller for selling stolen merchandise directly to ebay. They would give you a link to report the seller. Just provide the honest factual details of the experience without emotion.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

You’re right. FB is a dinosaur. Product reviews are definitely more helpful.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Its the new ebay. If you pay enough store fees you can have every neg removed. Go figure. 😂

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Very curious:

Kraft paper comes in 6" 12" 18" 24" and 35" Wide Rolls..

so how can you say it was 1/3 the size?

how can you say 'I know how big it should be?'

If it was 900 linear feet, then what was the issue?? 

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

@rugerskick wrote:

Close, but actually a seller is allowed to use 5 feedback revision requests within 12 months.

As to any other feedback that is against policy/trs+/free return rules eBay can and will remove those negatives upon reporting.

Yep. This started Oct 2019.

fb.png

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Actually there is no longer a Powerseller program. Ebay ended it last year. So it is actually very shady of you to call other sellers shady just because they are getting what was promised to them from Ebay. You can be a TR seller and enjoy the same perks. It is available to anyone that works at it to be qualified.  

My apologies to you as I did mean to reply to your reply post. I just do not know how to fix it 

Message 15 of 21
latest reply