cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about some FREE listings?

To make ump for all these glitches?

To placate sellers that are considering leaving eBay?

To at least show us, the sellers, that someone at eBay cares?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok so 300 listings at .35 each is a wasted $105.  I seldom if ever pay for my listings.  I believe every cent counts.  Anyway, I'm happy with my results.  Thanks all for your comments.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

My vote is NO. There are too many listings as it is, no need for more saturation. With that many listings being handed out there is no way sellers will be seen as there is already hundreds of pages for clothing sellers is it is. Buyers will never search that long and give up being bored. Sellers will think Ebay is hiding their listings. That cycle goes on and on.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

It's rare to get them at the very end of the month.  We should see some about the 5th or 6th of November.

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

I disagree with coollections.  Let's face it, sellers aren't a TEAM.  We are each in it for ourselves. Whatever happened to competition?  How about competition making the individual strive harder to get and keep customers.  Loyal customers. Return customers.  The more free listings I get, the more I will list. The better the chance to sell and attract new customers. 

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

If an item doesn't justify a listing fee it is probably not worth listing for free.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

My concern is that junk listings can proliferate when free listings are offered. And that clogs up the site.

Rather than wait for free listings, if I have more items to list, I list them. The 30 cent insertion fee is recouped with the sale. This strategy works because my sales are steady, and I feel the addition of new listings supports that.

@judith525  wrote: "The more free listings I get, the more I will list. The better the chance to sell and attract new customers."  

Paid or free, the more listings I put up, the better the chance to sell and attract new customers.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

@upgradedendmills wrote:

If an item doesn't justify a listing fee it is probably not worth listing for free.

Exactly. If a 30 cent listing fee is going to make or break the listing, donate it.

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

I just got 500 free fix or auction listings good from the 26th -30th

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

me too .. too bad i am working a ton of hours at my real life job 😞

Barb
i don't suffer from insanity ~~ i enjoy it ...
Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Ok so 300 listings at .35 each is a wasted $105.  I seldom if ever pay for my listings.  I believe every cent counts.  Anyway, I'm happy with my results.  Thanks all for your comments.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

@judith525: "I disagree with coollections. Let's face it, sellers aren't a TEAM. We are each in it for ourselves. Whatever happened to competition? How about competition making the individual strive harder to get and keep customers. Loyal customers. Return customers. The more free listings I get, the more I will list. The better the chance to sell and attract new customers. "

Agreed. Every new item I list I post to several Pinterest boards, of which I KNOW drives traffic to the site as I can see huge difference in views on items that I have pinned vs ones I did not pin. How many of these people over the last couple of years were new to eBay I don't know, but I used to get a lot of 'guest' account buyers.

I see the same thing on another platform I sell on. Sellers do I think the bulk of eBay's outside marketing via social media, why would they want to stop all those post that link directly back to eBay by slowing down how many listings we put on the server.

If the problem is lack of buyers and too much stuff, why drive DOWN the amount of new stuff listed here by not handing out free listings to non store owners? This seems a big win-win to me, and actually a double loss for eBay. Since I now only use the free listings and run out, I post FIRST on another platform that is free. High sell through rate. I like that but I digress 🙂 Then I cross post items from that site back to eBay, WHEN I have free listings.

When I have free listings I often list HERE first, so eBay gets the FREE advertising from ME 🙂

How many free ads for eBay are they loosing every day for trying to limit listings?

How many others use social media to advertise eBay?
Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Forgot to add:

Of the customers I have had the past few really bad months on 2 accounts, I've had a good number of return customers. I go the extra mile and give a great experience (overstuff plant cutting orders, little free crystal presents, stickers for their kids, etc.,) and I get messages and returning customers. Less items up on the server, less sales, less ads on social media, it's a bad thing..... 😞

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

You got that right.

BTW, I only ever have used eBay. And I just don't do social media.

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

My vote is NO. There are too many listings as it is, no need for more saturation. With that many listings being handed out there is no way sellers will be seen as there is already hundreds of pages for clothing sellers is it is. Buyers will never search that long and give up being bored. Sellers will think Ebay is hiding their listings. That cycle goes on and on.

Agreed.  What eBay really needs to do is eliminate free listings entirely to force sellers to be more discerning about what they list and how they price.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Just got 500 on my two selling ID's. I really don't need many extras, but I did use some on one account this time to end/revise/update some listings to see up that would get the sales out of the current 35% slump.

Wife's account could use some freebies, but did not get them this time, so many listings on that account are going to take a rest.

Great that you found a solution to your initial post.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply