cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can you Call Ebay

I haven't sold in a while but have good feedback from when I did.  I've sold something, has been received and received great feedback from the buyer.  But they are still holding my payment, can reach ebay by phone - what can I do to get my monies released?

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: How Can you Call Ebay

eBay's policy for new or infrequent sellers is to hold payments up to 21 days:

Payment holds on your sold items 

You can no longer phone eBay directly. Your options for contacting customer service are:

Via private message on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ebayforbusiness

Via direct message on Twitter: www.twitter.com/askebay

Via the website's options: Customer Service 

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

@neneland2012 wrote:

I haven't sold in a while but have good feedback from when I did.  I've sold something, has been received and received great feedback from the buyer.  But they are still holding my payment, can reach ebay by phone - what can I do to get my monies released?

Payments on hold

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&s... 

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

You can no longer phone eBay directly.

You can usually request a call back or a chat session via the standard Help Pages.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

You can usually request a call back or a chat session via the standard Help Pages.

You can no longer call eBay directly, @slippinjimmy.

The call back option and the chat session option are both addressed in my third link.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@slippinjimmy wrote:

You can no longer call eBay directly@slippinjimmy.

The call back option and the chat session option are both addressed in my third link.

False.

Claiming you cannot call eBay is not true. Here are four dedicated phone numbers I've recently used;

(800)456-3229

(866) 961-9253
(866) 348-9519

(866) 643-1607

Feel free to try them yourself so you don't repeat this misinformation again.

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

@neneland2012 

There is no reason to call eBay. No one on the phone has access to the payment process.

slippinjimmy is correct in how to contact eBay by phone. 

@espresso_warehouse 

If it was as easy as that, we would supply phone numbers. 
It is not that easy.
In addition, I think it’s against policy to post those numbers here. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 7 of 30
latest reply

@dryophelia wrote:

@neneland2012 

There is no reason to call eBay. No one on the phone has access to the payment process.

slippinjimmy is correct in how to contact eBay by phone. 

@espresso_warehouse 

If it was as easy as that, we would supply phone numbers. 
It is not that easy.
In addition, I think it’s against policy to post those numbers here. 

These numbers are elsewhere in the forum. It's how I came to know them in the first place. Those are phone numbers for eBay and that's what the OP asked about.

I do agree that Saul Good has the correct answer in this case. But that other accounts claim about not being able to call eBay is false so it needed to be corrected.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Lately my "go to" way to get ahold of ebay is facebook.

Just send them a facebook message.

Sometimes they are there and will answer immediately,  sometimes they are not.

I just message them with my concerns, leave the window open, and eventually they  get back to me.  

Besides your problem/issue/concern, they require:

Your real name. Your ebay username. Your ebay registered email address. The  item number (if any).

Sometimes it takes an hour, sometimes 8 hours, but they do eventually get back to me.  

I'm not a facebook person but a created an account just for the this reason.

Good luck!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 9 of 30
latest reply

From what I coud find here:

(800) 456-3229   Used to be the managed payments number – no longer in use since 2020

(866) 961-9253  Unless it is reporting illegal activity/ fraud on your account they hang up on you

(866) 348-9519  Was a number listed in 2016 – no longer reachable

(866) 643-1607  Was a number listed in 2016 – no longer reachable

eBay Customer Service has disabled their inbound telephone lines

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 30
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

(800) 456-3229   Used to be the managed payments number – no longer in use since 2020

(866) 961-9253  Unless it is reporting illegal activity/ fraud on your account they hang up on you

I'd say someone owes someone else an apology for being so righteously indignant about correct information and then posting misinformation themselves! 🤣

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@downunder-61 wrote:

I'd say someone owes someone else an apology for being so righteously indignant about correct information and then posting misinformation themselves! 🤣

While I agree with you, they never do that on any thread I've ever seen them on.

Your first post was the correct answer to @neneland2012 , the OP's issue because of infrequent selling needs.

Ebay has had a rule for many years that pertains to New Seller and sellers that have been away from selling for 90+ days. The following is the policy that outlines why you money is likely on hold.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

Also I would CAUTION anyone from doing internet searches to gain a phone number to Ebay customer service.  The woods are FULL of FAKE Ebay help numbers.  So use them at your own risk, they are likely going to pirate your personal information and then you have far more problems than you started with.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 30
latest reply

All a person has to do is call these numbers to see you are trying to gaslight as usual...

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@pburn wrote:

@downunder-61 wrote:

While I agree with you, they never do that on any thread I've ever seen them on.

Your first post was the correct answer to @neneland2012 , the OP's issue because of infrequent selling needs.

Ebay has had a rule for many years that pertains to New Seller and sellers that have been away from selling for 90+ days. The following is the policy that outlines why you money is likely on hold.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

Also I would CAUTION anyone from doing internet searches to gain a phone number to Ebay customer service.  The woods are FULL of FAKE Ebay help numbers.  So use them at your own risk, they are likely going to pirate your personal information and then you have far more problems than you started with.

All you have to do is call these numbers to see if they work or not...

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

eBay  may hold that payment just to ensure that the buyer has no issues and/or until eBay decides that they feel they can release the funds without further ado... When I returned to selling on eBay, the initial payouts were withheld for approx. 3 weeks, regardless of whether the item had been successfully delivered or feedback left...This is all at the discretion of eBay and I highly doubt your badgering them about it will make a hill of beans difference...>>>It's all about PATIENCE!

Message 15 of 30
latest reply