cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Change Fixed Price to Auction in Bulk?

Ok, here's the problem.  I normally see only Fixed Price listings.  Today I got the 2000 auction offer which is usually worthless to me.  However, I decided to list some of my Fixed Price as auctions to see what happens.

So I tried to bulk edit some of my listings that were not action from Fixed to Auction.  The problem is that when I use the bulk and change the format, it places the original price in the "Buy It Now" section and leaves the "Start Price" blank.  That makes every listings a manual edit.

Basically how can I get the Fixed Price to end up in the Starting Price of the auction?  

Really fustrated.  Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: How Can I Change Fixed Price to Auction in Bulk?

Sorry in the above, I meant to say

I ONLY SELL FIXED PRICE, Not see.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

"The problem is that when I use the bulk and change the format, it places the original price in the "Buy It Now" section and leaves the "Start Price" blank. "
Well, I can only guess, but maybe ebay is leaving the start price blank because they're hoping you lower your starting prices to something that would reflect a true auction vs a fixed price auction? 
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

The only way I have found to deal with this when relisting in bulk is to go down the list and change each price manually.  I have to make sure nothing is in BIN or it will charge me for that since I have a store.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

If you have a bunch that are going to start at the same price, you can select those while using the Bulk Editor and Edit Price - it's the last "button" of the bulk editor action choices.  Then select the next batch of same pricers.... etc.   It's a bit more time consuming to do it in small clusters, but a heck of a lot faster than manually editing each one.

It'll also allow you to manually remove all of the BIN prices (for those with stores @fern*wood - although this promo allows them for free, ya gotta get em off next go round)

I like to stagger my auction start times and since it costs to schedule, I do periodic smaller batches.  It doesn't feel quite so cumbersome that way.

- Suzanne -
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I just looked at my offer and see the BIN is supposed to be free so I guess I can use it now.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the replys.  Love you guys. Smiley Happy

I'm not going to jump through hoops to change these to auction and then maybe having another problem when I try to change them back.

Just will wait for the free fixed price listings.  In the meantime, I just add new fixed priced listings in turbo lister and when the next fixed price offer comes along, place them on-line.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@smick55 wrote:

I just looked at my offer and see the BIN is supposed to be free so I guess I can use it now.

But I often can't afford drop my auction start prices that low (for the 30% rule to be in line with my current FP prices which populate in the bulk editor when converting) so I've got to kill the BINs en masse or raise them. 

The Edit Price - BIN - Remove From All will come in handy on the relist though so you don't get caught with all the upgrade fees

- Suzanne -
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@scga912 wrote:

@smick55 wrote:

But I often can't afford drop my auction start prices that low (for the 30% rule to be in line with my current FP prices which populate in the bulk editor when converting) so I've got to kill the BINs en masse or raise them. 

The Edit Price - BIN - Remove From All will come in handy on the relist though so you don't get caught with all the upgrade fees

Thanks, that's true and I'll remember that.  I just wish they would give me fixed price listings so I don't even have to mess with this at all. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@jd-estateliquidator wrote:

Thanks for the replys.  Love you guys. Smiley Happy

I'm not going to jump through hoops to change these to auction and then maybe having another problem when I try to change them back.

Just will wait for the free fixed price listings.  In the meantime, I just add new fixed priced listings in turbo lister and when the next fixed price offer comes along, place them on-line.

It's not that complicated.  If you're sending live listings to auction, then it should fill the start price in based upon your current FP.  If your doing it with re-lists, you'd have to go through the steps I mentioned above. 

And when you "convert" them back to fixed price (on the next relist) - if you chose "Relist As Fixed Price" the auction start price becomes the FP price unless you had a BIN - and then the BIN is the FP price.

The one glitch I found with sending a live FP listing to an auction is "the seller ended this listing and is no longer available" note.  It didn't show that I had relisted it - at least not to my knowledge - so any watchers were lost.  I ran into a similar issue when I used Relist as FP on a ended auction - which didn't show the Seller has Relisted note for almost a day on the ended listing, but I never did follow up on the others to see if it the note changed to "Seller has relisted".

- Suzanne -
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

If you have a bunch that are going to start at the same price, you can select those while using the Bulk Editor and Edit Price - it's the last "button" of the bulk editor action choices.

@scga912, can you please clarify this? I see the remove BIN - is that what you mean? I wanted a quick way to add start prices. I want to change some fixed to auction for the current promo. Of course, if this was a normal website with active engineers, it would take them about 5 min to add 30% LESS in price, just like they have a 30% more in price...but it's abnormal here.

Cartoons...because pictures speak louder with words.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@cartooness. You realize you just revived a thread that's over a YEAR old?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

And I'll keep reviving it. Now it's 2 months later. How about that?

Cartoons...because pictures speak louder with words.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply