cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot item!!!

so here's the back story:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/21/us/barnums-animal-crackers-cages-peta-trnd/index.html

For those who won't click, basically Peta (animal people) have been after Barnum for years about the caged animals  on the box and Barnum caved in and changed the box.

now do a search for the crackers, lol........  and if you got any tins around, one seller is reporting selling a newer one in 2 hrs........

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Hot item!!!

So much wrong in this world and they are upset over paper animals.

Go to an animal shelter and help over there.  I do.  Much more use of time.

But I am sure some are going to jump on this.  They always do.  At least they are not capitalizing on a dead person.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hot item!!!

Thought it was going to be a pic of a babe......

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hot item!!!

I thought for sure it was going to be beanie babies!

dam

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hot item!!!

Isn't the market going to be flooded with new ones? I would have expected people to grab the old ones.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hot item!!!

@thatsallfolks wrote:

Isn't the market going to be flooded with new ones? I would have expected people to grab the old ones.

I think that was maybe a reference to selling a metal example of the older design...?

Regardless, they've only made umpty-bazillion of the old packages since, what, 1904? I doubt that any of them are going to be any more collectible than they already are, especially after the news item about the change of label design is forgotten by, like, next week... Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hot item!!!

I went to an auction Tues and saw someone buy several from a table full of tins and thought " How cute" now I know he was way ahead of me . I bet he paid 2.00 each for them. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hot item!!!

lol, this kind of thing always amazes me.......  We caught the Newsweek (?) Hillary Wins Mag Accident and made a bundle on it.......  I KNOW we've got a tin Barnum lunchbox somewhere, but the animals will be extinct before I can find it.  lol

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Hot item!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had one of those Barnum tins when I was a kid. I used it as a piggy bank.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hot item!!!

I was hoping!  Smiley Wink

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 10
latest reply