cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please

Items I already sold are relisting even Items I only have one of 

The other day I even sold an item I already sold ....today I was just goofing around in my active stuff and I am seeing stuff I sold in active listings for sale How do I make it stop I do not want to dissapoint a buyer ?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Help Please

What are some of the item numbers?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Help Please

For starters...end those listings. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Help Please

I did but what if I didnt notice ? I am very organized this was not done by me 

Should I delete things I already sold from the sold section ?

PS I was also charged for them 😞

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Help Please

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Help Please

@patriot4ever818 wrote:

That was a Good 'Til Cancelled listing you ended with 1 available and 5 sold. You probably entered the wrong quantity if you sold more than you have. The listing kept renewing because it still had a quantity available.

What's another item number affected?

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Help Please

I entered 3 and sold 3 it relisted with qty 3

I am very very meticulus about my inventory and I hardly even have very many listings on this site 

I also ended a manual because somebody was selling it cheap and I wanted to wait till theirs sold when I logged on it was relisted I am going to leave it turned on no sense in paying over and over again 

I guess I will delete solds and hope it doesnt happen anymore 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Help Please

Deleting solds.. doesn't negate, nor make them go away.

eBay still considers them orders.. for the buyer to pay

and you to ship afterwards.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Help Please

The listing was up for a long time. You sold one more than 90 days ago which is no longer visible in the history, you sold one on August 7, then you sold three to one buyer on September 16.

@patriot4ever818 wrote:

I also ended a manual because somebody was selling it cheap and I wanted to wait till theirs sold when I logged on it was relisted I am going to leave it turned on no sense in paying over and over again

Was that before or after you sold any?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Help Please

I would advise checking your listings at least once a day to make sure this doesn't happen or that you catch it.

And, contrary to everyone else here, it's happened to a lot of us.  And telling a buyer that the item they won was relisted by eBay is neither fun or good for the bottom line.

You are going to have to get very familiar with what is an isn't for sale.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Help Please

I havent even been selling for 90 days ?

I had 3 sold all of them to  one guy back east that was it I never had 5 in stock ? 

Anyway how to I stop buyer dissapointment this is not at my doing ?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Help Please

thank you I used to sell on here a long time ago

looks like a race to the bottom here

I will keep my listings low so I can track them I am guessing glitchbay 🙂

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Help Please

@patriot4ever818 wrote:

I havent even been selling for 90 days ?

I had 3 sold all of them to  one guy back east that was it I never had 5 in stock ? 

Anyway how to I stop buyer dissapointment this is not at my doing ?

That's not what your listing shows. It's hard to help when you're saying the sales history on the listing isn't accurate.

Some general tips:

Use 30 day listing duration if you don't want listings to automatically relist using Good 'Til Cancelled.

Delete items from your Unsold listings that you no longer have in stock.

Do a daily check of your inventory to make sure you don't have anything listed that's not in stock.

When you relist a multi-quantity listing check the quantity to make sure it's accurate, especially if that listing had a sales history. (example- listed 3, sold 1, make sure the relist is for quantity of 2 not 3 or 5)

I don't know how much these tips will help because the only example provided shows something different than what you're stating.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply