cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Miami Freight Forwarder says wrong item sent and returning different item

This is a posting id.

Can anything be done about this or am I just ripped off? $100 action figure with $20 shipping. Item sent to a big freight forwarding company based in Miami that buys the item with their own account (over 38,000 feedbacks in last year) then sends to actual buyer. My item was delivered on 1/5/24 and today 1/17/24 I get a message from Ebay that a return has been automatically approved with the reason: wrong item sent. Attached to the return case is a photo of a completely different item (very cheap item and not the $100 item I sent).

My package weighed 4 pounds 3.2 ounces according to the post office receipt I received when I handed it to the postal clerk at the post office. The item they supposedly received could not have weighed more than 2 pounds total (packaging included).

1/3/24 Item shipped
1/5/24 Item delivered
1/17/24 Return automatically approved for wrong item sent

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Help! Miami Freight Forwarder says wrong item sent and returning different item

@mam98031 wrote:

@ittybitnot wrote:

Only after the item is actually shipped off to the buyer from the FF.

@mam98031 

Proof of that is no longer required.  Back in the day when it was,  Trinton's old "the buyer may actually work there" or "the buyer may actually live at that address" or "that buyer from Siberia is just having his stuff held there until he comes by to pick it up someday"   yada yada it soon became a very impractical if not embarrassing declaration.  No way 300 or more people from the Russian Federation could possibly work or live at that address in New Castle.  Nor was it possible to believe that all those 'empty boxes' arrived there as well day after day.  The seller providing proof of reshipment has been basically abandoned.  

I didn't say that they did, I actually never knew it was a requirement.  I've always gone by if the buyer asks for a return and they are somewhere other than the address the product was shipped to, then the seller wasn't responsible because it had to be reshipped in one way shape or form to get to the new address.

bctk5292_0-1705627371704.jpeg

If by chance I do get an INAD from a transaction like this.  Approving it usually isn't an issue because the return shipping label is good for the address the seller shipped the item to, which in this case is a US FF.  To take advantage of the label, the buyer would have to ship the item back to the FF at their expense, then pay the FF to reship it to me.  I never had that happen.  I suppose it could, but in my experience it never happened.

There was a time when I sold fragrances that I dealt with a lot of **bleep**. 

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

Re: Help! Miami Freight Forwarder says wrong item sent and returning different item

@bigbunchoftoys wrote:

Somebody wanted me to post with my selling id so here it is.

This is never necessary if you are uncomfortable in doing so..  Lots of members post with posting IDs.  There is nothing wrong with it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 32 of 34
latest reply

@bctk5292 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@ittybitnot wrote:

Only after the item is actually shipped off to the buyer from the FF.

@mam98031 

Proof of that is no longer required.  Back in the day when it was,  Trinton's old "the buyer may actually work there" or "the buyer may actually live at that address" or "that buyer from Siberia is just having his stuff held there until he comes by to pick it up someday"   yada yada it soon became a very impractical if not embarrassing declaration.  No way 300 or more people from the Russian Federation could possibly work or live at that address in New Castle.  Nor was it possible to believe that all those 'empty boxes' arrived there as well day after day.  The seller providing proof of reshipment has been basically abandoned.  

I didn't say that they did, I actually never knew it was a requirement.  I've always gone by if the buyer asks for a return and they are somewhere other than the address the product was shipped to, then the seller wasn't responsible because it had to be reshipped in one way shape or form to get to the new address.

bctk5292_0-1705627371704.jpeg

If by chance I do get an INAD from a transaction like this.  Approving it usually isn't an issue because the return shipping label is good for the address the seller shipped the item to, which in this case is a US FF.  To take advantage of the label, the buyer would have to ship the item back to the FF at their expense, then pay the FF to reship it to me.  I never had that happen.  I suppose it could, but in my experience it never happened.

There was a time when I sold fragrances that I dealt with a lot of **bleep**. 

Your post is very hard to follow, well at least for me.  It is hard to tell what is your comments, again at least for me.

FYI, that **bleep** in my last sentence in the above quote is likely a bot WHOOPs.  I had just typed FF for freight forwarder.  LOL

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 33 of 34
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@monster-deals wrote:

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

If the receiver actually paid you for the item then they are not a freight forwarder they are simply another seller filling orders.

You just described a freight forwarder.

No, they described Retail Arbitrage, which is against the Ebay rules.

Sigh. The two are not mutually exclusive

Message 34 of 34
latest reply