cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Buyer send back a different item

Help. This is my first time selling on ebay. The buyer ask for a return after a week. I accepted the return, buyer then send back a different item. I have a video of myself opening the box showing it was a different item. What can I do? I haven't refund the buyer yet. I called ebay coustumer service and they do nothing. Will ebay force me to refund the buyer?

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

@usdav_k97av wrote:

So is this the end of my case? I can't believe the buyer didn't get any punishment from doing this.

Yes it’s the end. Bad buyers often get rewarded with courtesy refunds 😞

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 46 of 55
latest reply

@usdav_k97av wrote:

Do I have to call the CS tmr for a US representive to make sure everything is ok?

If you do, there's a good chance they will have no idea what you are calling about or the case.

Have a great day.
Message 47 of 55
latest reply

I think my case is resolve finally. Still thank you for the reply.

Message 48 of 55
latest reply

@itz_stacey

@itz_stacey wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@usdav_k97av

@usdav_k97av wrote:

Update. After multiple phone calls to eBay custumer serivce, and multiple trasnfer to different department in eBay, the case will be close in my favor. EBay require me to send back what the buyer sent me and once the tracking number shows the item is shipped the case will be automaticly closed in my favor. Thank you to everyone providing helpful information to me. I hope this will not happen to anyone, this is very stressful to deal with.

You should probably call when it shows delivered and stay on the phone with them until you see your $$ back in your account ...

OP is the seller - read the thread again. 

He's being totally misled by ebay cs. He should not be sending anything back so there should be nothing to track! he is claiming the buyer sent back a totally different item!

He needs to be filing mail fraud reports. Meanwhile, ebay will close this case in the buyers favor and he will get a defect (which he doesn't care about because this experience has has not been pleasant). The thing is, ebay cs is telling him to send back whatever the buyer RETURNED to him, lol. Understand? This is no bueno.

I appreciate the comment but I read the OP's post, I know the OP is the Seller and I know that the CS may have fed him a line by saying the case would be closed in the OP's favor ... the "money back in his account" comment was meant to be he will keep the money made from the sale, slip of the keypad so to speak.  That is why I said call them and stay on the phone while they rule in the OP's favor and close the case while the OP is on the phone with them ... otherwise, they will simply do as you suggest and close the case in the Buyer's favor.  I chose to ignore the fact that the CS said to ship the item back to the Buyer ... dumb, why add more shipping cost to the deal but, since those were the OP's instructions from CS he should follow through and per the CS's comment about when the item showed delivered with tracking back to the Buyer then eBay would close the case in the OP's favor ... there is nothing I missed here but maybe I did not say it exactly like somebody else would ...  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 49 of 55
latest reply

@usdav_k97av wrote:

I think my case is resolve finally. Still thank you for the reply.

I hope it all works out good for you and I hope you don't let one bad transaction keep you from selling on Ebay.

There are some good buyers out there, but I wouldn't try to sell any more expensive electronics.

Have a great day.
Message 50 of 55
latest reply

I called the CS one more time to make sure, they said I no longer need to take any action.

Message 51 of 55
latest reply

OP, if this is the item:  EVGA GTX 780TI Classified Factory Refurbish Sealed with 1 year factory warranty you are speaking about. 

#1.  I would report this item to your local police and the buyer's local police as stolen.  Get your case numbers.  

#2.   I would then contact the factory warranty personnel and report this item as solen and provide them with the police case numbers, ask if they can void any manufacture warranty and most importantly to contact you immediately should this buyer attempt to register the product warranty or attempt to use the warranty. 

#3.  Should you obtain proof this buyer registered this warranty under his name, address, etc....follow up with this proof to the police department(s).  

Question:

Do you have the serial/part number for this item; you will need this information to enhance Steps 1 & 2.  

Good luck!!!!

Message 52 of 55
latest reply

It happens but it rare in my experience. No way to win a dispute on this so refund and chalk it up

Message 53 of 55
latest reply

You are way too late.  This has already been resolved for the seller, without the seller having to refund or be out anything at all.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 54 of 55
latest reply

Thank you all for the comment I really apprciate the help.

Message 55 of 55
latest reply