cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! 1600 items ended eBay says presale

I’m a power seller on EBay have over 1700 items active (not as of 1:30 pm today)

I checked my messages today and ebay ended over 1667 items 

their reasoning “presale” 

I just spent over an hour on the phone and I have a mediator who she said would be discussing this with the behind the scenes dept and get back to me within 24-48 hours 

this is crazy 

all my items are in my possession 

I don’t even know right now 

anyone have any idea 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

@readabouthorses wrote:

@lite_37 wrote:
A social media investigator. Is that like being a member of the Dick Tracy Junior detectives?

Oh you are funny! No actually ... it is a real job. Want to know something about someone ... let me dig up the dirt because I know all the places to look.  I had to get into it when someone bought a house I was selling, didn't pay, ripped the house apart and moved out and hid. A private I wanted too much to try to find them so I started digging myself and then found out it is a real job.  I can find things about people they probably don't even know about themselves and the more you investigate stuff the easier it becomes. People are just too free with what they share in their social media because they think no one is looking but I could be looking if someone asks me to do a check on them and as long as it is public it is fair game.

Oh so you're a cyber-stalker!

Great job you got there...

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@lite_37 wrote:

@readabouthorses wrote:

@lite_37 wrote:
A social media investigator. Is that like being a member of the Dick Tracy Junior detectives?

Oh you are funny! No actually ... it is a real job. Want to know something about someone ... let me dig up the dirt because I know all the places to look.  I had to get into it when someone bought a house I was selling, didn't pay, ripped the house apart and moved out and hid. A private I wanted too much to try to find them so I started digging myself and then found out it is a real job.  I can find things about people they probably don't even know about themselves and the more you investigate stuff the easier it becomes. People are just too free with what they share in their social media because they think no one is looking but I could be looking if someone asks me to do a check on them and as long as it is public it is fair game.

Oh so you're a cyber-stalker!

Great job you got there...

LOL. If you don't want people to know it then don't post it on the Internet. Don't want me looking at your Social Media then don't make it public. I can't see your private info and I don't ever go to the dark web. But basically people like to brag so they are constantly posting about themselves and their accomplishments. It is human nature.  Bought that cute dress on eBay and wore it to the party and now you want to return it? Humm ... saying it doesn't fit?  Humm ... looked good on you at those pics you posted on your Facebook of you at the party.

I sort of got into it way back in 1998 when my first purchase on eBay went south. I was able to track the guy down, see where he went to college, see what other buyers he had scammed, and finally found out where he was getting his merchandise (he sold software and computers) and gave them a heads up and they stopped selling to him. When he found out I was looking for him he finally sent me what I had purchased. Several years later I got a letter from the North Carolina Attorney General wanting to know if I had ever had any issues with him.  However then when this chick ruined my house and disappeared I found out how much easier it is now to track people down and then discovered it is a real job. Google it ... it is real.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@vintageamerica101 wrote:

Can you post the *complete* text of the message that eBay sent you?

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@vintageamerica101 wrote:

Can you post the *complete* text of the message that eBay sent you?

... because it looks like eBay's Layaway policy is a section within their Presale policy:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/presale-listings-policy?id=4252&st=3&pos=1&query...

Message 19 of 19
latest reply