cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have your sales stopped after posting negative experiences with ebay?

1. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed that after posting the truth in here  about their negative ebay encounters that their sales have then plummeted or outright been stopped? 
Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

In a word, no. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 2 of 55
latest reply

ebay has become impossible. They want to be like amazon but with the one way feedback option. After almost 18 years....I am done.

Message 3 of 55
latest reply

I thought the entire reason this board existed

was to help sellers who are having problems (negative experiences) here?

Thanks

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 4 of 55
latest reply

Have you posted a negative topic on this board recently?

Message 5 of 55
latest reply

They monitor these boardsThey monitor these boards

I suspect yes

Message 6 of 55
latest reply

@greenpowerscience wrote:

ebay has become impossible. They want to be like amazon but with the one way feedback option. After almost 18 years....I am done.

I'm sorry to hear that you are done after 18 years!  That is such a long time!

I understand you don't like that feedback is now one way.  But you have a more effective way of preventing those buyers from buying again without the public shaming.  When you open an Unpaid Item Dispute, and close it, the buyer gets a strike and just two of them prevent them from buying from most sellers.  Hopefully you have that block set up.

Unfortunately there was abuse of negs for buyers.  False, retaliatory negs were posted in response to buyer's honest negs, and buyers were being driven from the site.  So it was in everyone's best interests for Ebay to eliminate it.  No other site publicly shames buyers like this.  

Message 7 of 55
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that you are done after 18 years!  That is such a long time!

I understand you don't like that feedback is now one way.  But you have a more effective way of preventing those buyers from buying again without the public shaming.  When you open an Unpaid Item Dispute, and close it, the buyer gets a strike and just two of them prevent them from buying from most sellers.  Hopefully you have that block set up.

Unfortunately there was abuse of negs for buyers.  False, retaliatory negs were posted in response to buyer's honest negs, and buyers were being driven from the site.  So it was in everyone's best interests for Ebay to eliminate it.  No other site publicly shames buyers like this.  

With all due respect no other place treats peopel (sellers) as 100% guilty of accusations without any proof...oh wait except for that one side of our Senate, but i digress.....seller$ who are Also buyers are now being driven away by ebay's insane Machivellian treatment of it's sellers. This place is going to collapse..maybe not very soon but soon. 

Message 8 of 55
latest reply

And I might add that buyers are falsely shamimg sellers everyday and even when presented with evidence of buyer lies by ebay refuses to remove neg feedback

Message 9 of 55
latest reply

Amazon has a one-way feedback option, as well. Buyers can give Amazon marketplace sellers feedback, but Amazon marketplace sellers cannot post any feedback--good or bad--for buyers. 

Message 10 of 55
latest reply

@regwh-83 wrote:

And I might add that buyers are falsely shamimg sellers everyday and even when presented with evidence of buyer lies by ebay refuses to remove neg feedback

I'm sorry if anyone is falsely shaming anyone.  I know that Ebay has decided to not mediate in these cases anymore.  But on the flip side, it might make you feel there is reciprocity in the fact that many honest negs from buyers are removed when there is no reason or just cause for that to be done~simply because the seller called incessantly to get the neg removed.  

If you have ever returned a SNAD item, only to have the seller claim it was not his item, when it absolutely was, you can see that abuse is prevalent on both sides of the equation.

There are good buyers and good sellers.  There are bad buyers and bad sellers.  Scammers on both sides, sadly.  

I am sorry if you have feedback that warranted removal but it didn't happen.

Message 11 of 55
latest reply

No, but I've definitely noticed a downturn if I have to call customer service.
Message 12 of 55
latest reply

take one for the team cheers!!
Message 13 of 55
latest reply

No.  I have been posting on this board for years (even before selling on my own account) and sales come sales go, post or dont post. 

That said, maybe it is whatever BROUGHT YOU here to post that was more the problem than the posting itself.  Also consider that these boards arent really a fair and accurate representation of overall Ebay selling and buying.  People overwhelmingly come here with problems but 99.999% of all transactions DO go off without a hitch.  Folks list, buy, sell, ship, receive, post feedback, repeat MILLIONS of times a day.

Message 14 of 55
latest reply

Yes I've seen it first hand and actions taken aren't allowed to be discussed due to being considered a posting violation...

Message 15 of 55
latest reply