cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hate the new selling tools?? Glitches galor - 1 week of using it and losing precious time

We need our voices heard.  I am running into time stealing issues with every listing.  It's not a matter of getting used to it... it is a matter of eBay needing to fix it or go back to the old tool.

What I am experiencing?

1. Shipping issues - glitches for flat cost, and calculated.  I enter package size and weight, then it disappears and I have to do it again...and again.

2. Item details - not as easy to fill out.  Sometimes it all goes away when I try to update one item (such as shirt size)

3. Photo tool freezes.  I go to edit and it won't open.  I decide to finish the listing and go back and edit, but then the photo shows up to edit.  I edit and then it says its listed, but the edit didn't happen.

I am on a laptop.  Been selling since 1999.  This has been rolled out with so many bugs and glitches. 

Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Re: Hate the new selling tools?? Glitches galor - 1 week of using it and losing precious time

@siamjane8 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

Just curious if the ebay teams have made any effort to reach out to us sellers about improvements to the listing tool?     Its been going on 8 months with little to no improvement. All the same issues and glitches still exist and we are finding the same complaints pop up on the boards here from sellers that just got switched over permanently. Is their salience the answer? Is the tool done being fixed? Is this it?

Thanks for reaching out to them again on our behalf- we would love a "roadmap" so we know what to expect.

I know that teams behind the scenes will often reach out to members and work with them but I don't know the ins and outs for everything @siamjane8.

I know they're continually working on our selling tools, including the new listing tool, so it's not a 'We're done, hands off now' type of thing. They don't provide us with roadmaps so I'm not able to share out on anything there.

In the meantime, you can keep providing feedback here and especially continue providing it via the 'Your Feedback' feature in the listing page itself, as I do know that is reviewed.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 76 of 95
latest reply

Re: Hate the new selling tools?? Glitches galor - 1 week of using it and losing precious time

Thanks velvet-   just please communicate the frustration of the ebay community of sellers to them again for us- while some of us are casual sellers just for fun, a huge portion of us are full time ebay sellers that rely on efficiency and ease of use to run our businesses.  This tool has put a serious roadblock on our ability to bring more of our products to ebay as a platform.   Ebay's  Quarter 2 results showed a huge reduction in GMV...... this is not a coincidence.  It was timed perfectly with the release of the new listing tool.    This is not just a seller issue- its an ebay issue.     Please continue to let management know for us

Thanks

Message 77 of 95
latest reply

Amen!! They should give us the option to switch back to the old version! I don't like the fact that there are options that have been removed from the text options in the description section! 

Message 78 of 95
latest reply

PLEASE let us switch back!!!!  The new tool is TERRIBLE!!

Why does eBAY HATE ME??

Message 79 of 95
latest reply

Ditto, Please let us switch back to the old listing tool. Between the ridiculous item specifics and "improved" listing tool it takes twice as long. 

Message 80 of 95
latest reply

I have to hit preview to be able to post my auction. why??

Message 81 of 95
latest reply

6 pages of the same complaints... and that is just this single post. When will ebay listen to its customers. There have been thousands of posts all stating the same issues and yet nothing has been done to date. 6 months later and still the same design flaws with no improvement and still forcing more sellers in...... Talk about putting your head in the sand and ignoring everyone and plodding forward with bad product..... ebay would deem us below standard and charge another 5% FVF if we treated our customers this way.

Message 82 of 95
latest reply

Be sure to use the Tell us what you think link in the listing form to let eBay know you thoughts. The more the better!

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 83 of 95
latest reply

I'm not going to read through everyone's replies to see if someone already said this. My biggest beef with the new listing tool is the fact that when I upload an image, and it is turned side ways... I go in, rotate it, save it, click done, and then there is the little "loading" wheel spinning in the middle of the pic. I have to wait for it to finish loading or saving before I click "list" otherwise the pic reverts to being sideways and makes my listing look unprofessional. That's why I do multiple listings at once in different windows so while one is loading pics and saving them I go work on the other listing. Or when one is taking 10 or 15 seconds to "refresh" the listing item details (all those ridiculous stupid drown down menus that I personally abhor) I go work on another listing and come back to it.

Message 84 of 95
latest reply

Listen to your sellers ebay- this poor seller has to keep different windows open so they can jump around and keep busy because the new listing tool is so slow to use!.   All the popup boxes waste time.  Everyone is saying it- how can every single seller that uses ebay on a computer or laptop be wrong??- this tool is difficult to use and does not a have natural flow. its a mobile app not a serious tool- it is inherently flawed from the start for a desktop.

Message 85 of 95
latest reply

Now we are in September... It has been 4 full months since I posted this.  This week the shipping portion of the listing tool changed.  It is fine...except for the fact that the global shipping program is not automatically set as it has been for me for years now.  I happened to notice it.  You have to make sure the slide is to on, and it sometimes is that way after listing a few items but then other times it is not on.

I also am still having the same issue when it comes to all of the item specifics.  90% of the time when I go to change something like the size... It all disappears.  I have to scroll down and then scroll back up and it magically reappears.  I am still using a laptop.  My wife is NOT having any of these issues on her phone.

So maybe September will be the month that things are fixed?  Let's hope

Message 86 of 95
latest reply

Have you used the Tell us what you think link on the new page to let eBay know your thoughts?

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 87 of 95
latest reply

Yes,

I have used the Tell us what you think many times in the past 26 years I have been selling on eBay and never have I ever got a response, even after I left my email address so they could contact me. Leo, clothesusa in Boise, Idaho (eBay member since December 1996)

Message 88 of 95
latest reply

As of  9/12/2022  Still not much better. I wish eBay would go back to the classic listing page and leave it alone. I also wish eBay would keep their noses out of their suggestive shipping features that do nothing but cost us time and money. Takes way to long to enter the best method and cost of shipping an item. Leo, clothesusa in Boise, Idaho (Member of eBay since December 1996)

Message 89 of 95
latest reply

New listing page does not work. Two days ago hardly listed 2 items. No fonts color. Hard to navigate around.
Useless and confusing options.
I do not understand who created this disaster page. New college student with basic Computer Information System knowledge could make much better page.

Message 90 of 95
latest reply