cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has veiws gone down or sales ?

( RANT Yes I Fixed the spelling......I am very Sorry I misspelled !... And  How very noble of you to publicly point out my flaws over and over again....   I did and WILL misspell again.  To much to  ignore  ? there is a Back button for you to hit miss perfect... You are Smarter than I am. Ok There.. I get it.... get over it and move on please...  )

" I have seen a slowdown of veiws to allmost 0 in the last few days. customer service said they had a complaint of the same thing . but not in the usa.. just me. all I know was I have been tracking the movement and other than me sharing on the bay. no real views have happened in about 4 days now... and as far as sale its strange how you get hit very good...  or sit for months with nothing same things."

You know I may have figured out a new reason.. POSTING.. it has been a few days from when I listed some more Items..  ( what about you ? ) Before I was listing a few daily that was when I saw the views moving nicely.. Did it do the same on you'r slow down ?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Has veiws gone down or sales ?

I am getting My huge load of pins Friday. so I will get to start listing again and see if That was why.. I am working on Why.. this is A.. I have a B... I am going to look at next.. there has to be a reason.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Both have gone down - August used to be a great month for me - it's poor this year. Something is happening, even when you add listings - none are getting views over 3-4. Very sad.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

quite a few have said so. .....Its been 10 days now. I hope we can get more view points on what guess people have as to why no real movement on views like it was a few days ago. when it flat out stopped
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Ignore the comments about spelling. Everyone makes types when they hurriedly write a question or answer. People who criticize are the few perfect people (Joke) who have nothing better to do in life then criticize others. They are best ignored and probably get joy out of knowing they upset you.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Well the  part A- only listing more did not work.( good till  it till canceled ) was not moving views again... .. BUT I did see movement when I tried part B. = to add to a new format = not just to good till canceled. BUT tring in Auctions listings  too. a mix of both... I saw movement !  YAY... I will see it it is back working again tomorrow.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I have listed zero new items this month (in the process of moving, so all my inventory is packed away). My sales are only down about 5%. I can't complain about that.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Plan C.. I relisted my good till canceled. by opening new window on link to sell similar. then end old listing. then CHECK OFF their popup checks for $. then posted them again// THAT WAY. I had fresh good till canceled listings. so it was not showing 50 to 222 views starts at 0. I know we wanted to try for ranking. but a dead stop for 3 weeks just don't cut it for me... at least I see 17 or so fresh hits On each or so... just for today. so some movement is better than none.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@teddibubbles  No issue with spelling here my friend, I spelled something wrong 3 months ago and nobody noticed, so we're good.  As for views & sales & new listings, etc. ... it depends on what one is selling.  I see you have 39 items for sale as of this writing ... and that you anticipate more pins shortly ... hope they increase your activity. 

Diversity is a good thing, perhaps you might consider branching out in to some new areas so that when your main one is slow the others can pick up the slack?!?  Just a friendly suggestiong from a fellow Seller.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I have had up to 2000 listings up and only sold a couple things in the last two weeks, so it is very slow out there right now.... 

As for the spelling Hounds, they have an ego problem that always needs feeding.  Ignore it.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

thank you..... I am a homebound person. years ago a wonderful person sent me some boxes now and then with little things to sale. ( you know things that could fit in clasp envelopes = post cards / small packets of costume jewelry/ that kind of stuff. )as I have no income. due to being dumb as a working teen through adulthood. working for people that didn't report to government. so now as disabled SSI and Dis and all say no to helping.. my hubby is retired he just makes rent and some food. so... long story shorter.. if you see me make a sale THAT IS My income. I all so live out in the desert. our close town ONE big shop kmart even is closing in 5 days.. there is no one or nothing of local help out here.. they don't even have a food bank help for 20 miles and that is a bag of broth cabage and onions water and a few small things ONCE A MONTH.. oh and you are not allowed to do yard sales here.. so we are waiting untill its not 115 out side temp. to do yard sales in town that is 20 miles away. that is WHY I have not spread out in sales yet.. there is NOTHING of value I have not grabbed to sell all ready. no the funds to do it... it is so for real... I got REAL desperate the one time.. it was 113 outside in the evening I sat in my scooter wheelchair with the small things I have and made a sign BEGGING for a SALE.. NOT pan handeling.. some chick called the local sheriff law .. the Kind lady sheriff Knew what I was going through she BOUGHT a few small things so we could get food.. ( the other town wont even give you a days meal at the food bank.. trust me I post that info every time I see them saying to help them..) a local soup place in that town said we can eat soup there its 5 miles one way to drive there. . its just kind of far for one meal for us gas wise. any way.. I am racking my brain. much of what I do have to sell is too big per item cost to ship for its value. like big metal steel cool enamel RED fire water buckets with a LARGE thich wire and wood dowel handle . that have toys or games or miscellaneous printed on outside 3 are use one is new they have a label on bottom its from Cracker Barrel around $38 I think.. that kind of thing will look great at our yard sale tent when it can stay for a few days loaded with what ever we can get to together to sale then.. I have a few stuffed bears and so on.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I have noticed that regular new listings do make a difference in views and sales. Often it's not even the new listing that sells, but the new listings seem to bring up my placement in the search for all my items.

Right now I ran out of store listing allotments last week and am anxiously awaiting to list a ton of new things in my drafts on Friday, 9/1 when we get the new allotments. I have been aggressively drafting items for days.  I am convinced that make a difference in views/sales again.

Maybe you should go to your Kmart and try to get as much as you can afford at major clearance.  I'd bet they are nearly giving merchandise away just to move it out of the store.  They used to carry Martha Stewart bedding at K-Mart, not sure if they still do, but if so -- I'd bet if you can get that on major clearance you'd be able to sell it on eBay for a profit.  Just a suggestion.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@teddibubbles

I spell things wrong on porpose.

It may take a minuet, to catch.

But I am a big joker....

My sales are way down... food bank down.

List new items, end listings, and revise, list again.

If you can get an item listed as a "new listing"

you will be on top of the "newly listed"

This seems to help.

But it is summer, and back to school time.

it goes dead this time of year.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Nah, we've been listing at least 20 new ones a day for ten days. Nothing but crickets. Pretty freakin' bogus.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply