cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent Macbook without payment. Please help! (Reposting on seller page)

PLEASE HELP.
I'm new to ebay and sent the macbook pro without payment.

Buyer said he'll pay through PAypal after he gets the tracking number.
(The communication was done through txt messages, I recieved his phone number through ebay messages)
I sent macbook, gave him tracking number and he's not been responding for a few hours. I also tried intercepting the package but it wouldn’t let me.

IS THERE A WAY I CAN GET THE POLICE TO GET THE MACBOOK BACK FROM HIM?
I HAVE HIS PHONE NUMBER, ADDRESS.
A LOT OF REPLIES WOULD HELP.
THANK YOU

Message 1 of 283
latest reply
282 REPLIES 282

@jamebeverl_38

Give as many details about this as you can. DO NOT post personal info as that is against board rules.

Message 2 of 283
latest reply

Why would you communicate by text instead of by email through ebay and how were you able to print a label on ebay because when you try to print a label on an item that hasn’t been paid for a warning in red letters pops up.

There is nothing ebay can do for you because you went out of your way to get scammed by doing everything completely wrong.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
Message 3 of 283
latest reply

Yes. I learned that from this mistake. But can’t the law enforcement do anything about this?
Message 4 of 283
latest reply

@smenkveld wrote:

Why would you communicate by text instead of by email through ebay and how were you able to print a label on ebay because when you try to print a label on an item that hasn’t been paid for a warning in red letters pops up.

There is nothing ebay can do for you because you went out of your way to get scammed by doing everything completely wrong.

We don't yet know how the OP sold the item. I know he mentions texting, but the OP needs to clarify a bit.

Let's not jump to conclusions. This is a new ebayer. I am willing to help him anyway I can. I don't care where it was sold. I'd like to help him get the item back. Period.

But the main question is how to get the package back from the PO.

Message 5 of 283
latest reply

@jamebeverl_38 wrote:
Yes. I learned that from this mistake. But can’t the law enforcement do anything about this?

@jamebeverl_38

I told you the best way to get the item back was to be at the PO ASAP in the morning. Give them the buyers name & address as it was shown on the label, describe the package to them. Pay the fee for the Intercept and pray they find it.

Law enforcement at this point will not be of much help. The PO has the package. HELP THEM FIND IT.

Message 6 of 283
latest reply

He said he will pay me to mypaypal email address once he recieved the tracking number. 

The listing was listed originally on ebay but I took it down since I don’t have the item anymore. 

We’ve done the communication through txting with our phone numbers. 

Message 7 of 283
latest reply

@jamebeverl_38 wrote:

He said he will pay me to mypaypal email address once he recieved the tracking number. 

The listing was listed originally on ebay but I took it down since I don’t have the item anymore. 

We’ve done the communication through txting with our phone numbers. 

You as the seller can not take it down if the buyer bought it on Ebay.

This was not an official Ebay sale was it? I don't care as I just want to help you get it back.

Message 8 of 283
latest reply

In which state are YOU, and in which state is the buyer?  Since you have the tracking number, you can try to intercept the package through the post office, along the postal delivery route, before the package is delivered.

Please don't tell us that you shipped to another country!!!

Message 9 of 283
latest reply

It was NOT. A sale through ebay......
Message 10 of 283
latest reply

Im in Cali. Sent to NewJersey.
Message 11 of 283
latest reply

He said he needed it by Fri so I sent it two day.
Message 12 of 283
latest reply

You voluntarily mailed the merchandise without receiving payment in advance. That's called a "gift." No, you can't ask the police to intervene. A gift is a gift.

Furthermore, apparently you took the transaction off eBay, so eBay is out of the picture, too.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 13 of 283
latest reply

But.. He deliberately scammed me. He said he’ll paybut he didnt. Law enforcement still cannot do anything about this?? Track down computer wih ip address or whatever?
Message 14 of 283
latest reply

@jamebeverl_38

If you sent it yesterday, it may not be too late to do an Intercept. They can intercept it until it gets delivered.

Just go the POST OFFICE tomorrow morning with all the info. 

Message 15 of 283
latest reply