cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone tried using store newsletters?

I would have liked to send a newsletter to my prior customers advising them of a sale starting tomorrow - the idea being to give them a little advance notice.

I also would have liked to set up ahead of time instead of waiting for the last minute.  (save for editing like I can do with promotions).

But it won't let me.  Keeps looking for a "running" promotion.  Mine happens to be scheduled to start today at midnight.

What do others use this 'newsletter' for?

Who do I send feedback (couldn't find anyplace while trying to create the newsletter)?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I recently did one to showcase new items that I had just listed. That was at the end of December. No sales on those items yet. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I sent one once not sure it actually went anywhere..

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I receive one from a seller I don't even remember purchasing from, let alone subscribing to a newsletter.  I delete it without even looking at it.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hope I'm not hijacking - but I am staying away from the eBay newsletter function for now.   You won't get the actual email addresses, so they are not your customers - they are eBay customers.   I would much rather have a blog attached to our store - where we could discuss industry trends or individual items.   I understand they had one several years ago but removed it.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

A blog would be wonderful, I think.  

I do send out newsletters about monthly.  Sometimes more, sometimes less.  I send a coupon. The coupon has to be active to send it.  If the coupon is private, you can date it to whatever you want.  No one will see it except the folks you send it to.  You can also post it to your social media, to get more folks, who may be interested in your stuff. 

I actually have two coupons. One that goes in the newsletter and one that goes in the box. The coupons can be stacked, so the people who follow and buy get a better discount. 

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I guess you could sort of "simulate" a blog with short posts on a template - I have seen people do that.   I doubt they ever will, but it wouldn't be that hard for eBay to implement - if nothing else, it could just be another tab on your store or account page, and they could even just use the same newsletter system but instead of mailing it it would just be a static page.  The technology just isn't that hard. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The newsletter goes to your followers. Yes, they are ebay customers, but they like your stuff enough to 'sign up' to be one of your followers, so it can't hurt to 'send out a newsletter'.  I wouldn't put too much effort into it or worry about 'when' it goes out. You can send it today and simply state "our items are going on sale 20% starting Feb 7th running through Feb 14th (or whatever). 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

You can also send it to previous buyers., depending on if you want to do it wholesale or to a smaller target.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply