cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone experienced a severe sales slump in the last two months?

My store and another long time Ebay seller are experiencing large sales drops in the last two months. I contacted Ebay but they say all is fine. I did get them to admit there is a system wide problem with sellers being able to view how many people have viewed theyre items. They offered no solutions or a fix time. I also noticed that over 75% of my listed items were unviewable for about 3 days because of some other system error that would not let buyers see my photos. This happened to the other seller as well. Anyone else have these issues?

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Re: Has anyone experienced a severe sales slump in the last two months?

@coronacollectables wrote:

I am happy to hear that your sales are up. You are the first in about 60 repsonses to my thread that says they are doing well.

@coronacollectables

Most sellers are doing just fine. They do not come here to the boards. It's the ones who come here who seem to have problems. The OP is doing better than most but yet starts threads like this so people can pile on and blame Ebay and start unfounded throttling hype.

Message 61 of 94
latest reply

@mysticallady wrote:

I would love to hear your tips and tricks for how your sales are up. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. 

@mysticallady My guess is the person does not sell clothes and compete with over a million others trying to do the same thing.

Message 62 of 94
latest reply

@gingincorporated wrote:

My store and another long time Ebay seller are experiencing large sales drops in the last two months. I contacted Ebay but they say all is fine. I did get them to admit there is a system wide problem with sellers being able to view how many people have viewed theyre items. They offered no solutions or a fix time. I also noticed that over 75% of my listed items were unviewable for about 3 days because of some other system error that would not let buyers see my photos. This happened to the other seller as well. Anyone else have these issues?

Yes , I  did a whopping 21 dollars in sales in the last  7 days and needed to refund a buyer on a false snad 78 dollars due to the new free returns policy .  So I'm in the red  big time . Not doing well at all . No views , only watchers  but hardly anyone is actually buying . Tulips 

Message 63 of 94
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@gingincorporated wrote:

My store and another long time Ebay seller are experiencing large sales drops in the last two months. I contacted Ebay but they say all is fine. 

You've sold 41 items today  alone. No sales slump at all and Ebay is correct, all is fine. Many sellers would sell there child to have a 41 items sold day.

He posted on July 7th, before the July 12th sales. I figure someone turned the light on for a sec, just like I experienced for a few hours.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.
Message 64 of 94
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@gingincorporated wrote:

My store and another long time Ebay seller are experiencing large sales drops in the last two months. I contacted Ebay but they say all is fine. 

You've sold 41 items today  alone. No sales slump at all and Ebay is correct, all is fine. Many sellers would sell there child to have a 41 items sold day.

@coolections wrote:

Most sellers are doing just fine. They do not come here to the boards. It's the ones who come here who seem to have problems. The OP is doing better than most but yet starts threads like this so people can pile on and blame Ebay and start unfounded throttling hype.

First comment, you can't say that. How could you say no slump if you don't know that stores average amount per day?

We used to have 100-120 per day consistently. During these issues with eBay, we were down to 40-60. Even now, things are starting to go back to normal, but we're at about 80. 

About your second comment, most sellers are doing fine? Have you heard of Terapeak? It's a website that is now owned by eBay that gives research data. If you check my topic I made around a month back, I provide evidence from Terapeak. A year ago the market share of top sellers was 40%, this year market share of top sellers was 32%. This means top sellers lost nearly 25% of their share in our category! Only one seller of the top sellers is actually seeing a solid increase, and majority of the others are dropping. 

If top sellers, the ones who make it their career to work on eBay, are no longer able to make it on eBay, tell me then.... WHO can?

I provided loads of evidence in the same topic, as well. In the topic, a blue even indicates that eBay CS did not treat us well either. This was after we got the run around for 3 months, with a few people at eBay RECOGNIZING there is an issue and TELLING US that they believe there is an issue. One representative regularly called me BECAUSE he believes there's an issue, as he looked over our account and could not find any reason for a 50% drop in a couple months.

At the same time, I believe I've found a clear indicator of a bug in eBay's system that is related to this huge drop, that I am going to make a post on soon.

But to be clear, it's not right that you are telling people they are "fine". Some people are having legit issues on eBay, and while most staff won't admit it, some eBay staff has admit it. 

The limiting of visibility may be a bug, and not intentional, but at the end of the day, it IS there. We were affected by it, and still may be partially affected by it. 

This is in ADDITION to the fact that TODAY there's a major issue going on with search. Look for the topic I made on the top of the front page right now. Items are not appearing on search and this is happening to MANY sellers.

Message 65 of 94
latest reply

Any changes on sales up to this date? None on my end. Just seeing views now.

Message 66 of 94
latest reply

yes....you hit the nail on the head

Message 67 of 94
latest reply

YUP.  We are like mother hens with this store checking and double checking since it started. The  issues started about 2 months ago and now what they have done is the search was operating differently. Also, if you don't pay your bill then your item will "go to the bottom of the pile" as far as search results, but that has been the case as long as we've been here.  Something with the search results and they are no longer actively pushing smaller business products in suggestions, they are pushing the cheapest items.

Message 68 of 94
latest reply

evidently their technical glitch didn't affect anyone. I went about 10 days with even one sale and I had spent 14 hours listing new inventory! I'm questioning if it is worth it to have a store.
Message 69 of 94
latest reply

I don't know why I have this image of Elmer Fudd with a shotgun " be careful we are hunting those pesky liberals"

upside_down

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.
Message 70 of 94
latest reply

I have not sold 41 items today. I dont know where you get that info from.

Message 71 of 94
latest reply

No not really. Selling the cheapest piddliest items. I had one sale for an item for 75$ but that had been up well over a year.

Message 72 of 94
latest reply

@paudoh-16 wrote:

He posted on July 7th, before the July 12th sales. I figure someone turned the light on for a sec, just like I experienced for a few hours.

@paudoh-16

LOL

Message 73 of 94
latest reply

@gingincorporated wrote:

I have not sold 41 items today. I dont know where you get that info from.

@gingincorporated

That was July 7th. Just checked and you sold ANOTHER 56 items on July 12th. I guess Ebay likes you and is leaving the lights on.

Message 74 of 94
latest reply

I've seen the same thing on some of my items as well.

Message 75 of 94
latest reply