cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone experienced a severe sales slump in the last two months?

My store and another long time Ebay seller are experiencing large sales drops in the last two months. I contacted Ebay but they say all is fine. I did get them to admit there is a system wide problem with sellers being able to view how many people have viewed theyre items. They offered no solutions or a fix time. I also noticed that over 75% of my listed items were unviewable for about 3 days because of some other system error that would not let buyers see my photos. This happened to the other seller as well. Anyone else have these issues?

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Re: Has anyone experienced a severe sales slump in the last two months?

I would love to hear your tips and tricks for how your sales are up. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 46 of 94
latest reply

Just lately I have been able to boost my sales by pushing auctions. Over the past couple of months I stopped auctions and used Markdown Manager. I did not find it helped that much with sales, it just meant what did sell, sold for less money.  I'm currently sitting on a bunch of auctions with no bids but I hope some will sell by the end. I will keep adding auctions as I accumulate stuff to list (mostly book lots and some media). Today I got in a lot of books to "lot up". I want to get some listed before I leave town for several days.

Message 47 of 94
latest reply

I have experienced the same thing, use to have regular sales and for many months Sales are just about non-existant. It's all related to the Various Technical Problems from ebay Constantly Changing things Internally on a daily basis which is not fair to the ebay Seller at all. I don't see how that I will be able to continue with my ebay Store with these Technical Issues that ebay has ongoing on a daily basis for a long time now it's totally ruined my many years of Selling on ebay.

Message 48 of 94
latest reply

I heard that EBay may be targeting conservatives  (giving them less exposure than liberals).  Most tech companies are liberal.  Dont know if it is true but in this political environment I wouldn't be surprised. My sales are pretty much non-existent.  I was doing pretty well up until the last 6 months, but particularly bad the last couple of months (1-3 sale per month). Maybe I'm paranoid but this coincided with a couple of pro-Trump tweets I recently made on Twitter. I've also bought books on Amazon for myself and friends that are conservative leaning. I am thinking about having a big yardsale with the rest of my inventory and getting off EBay.  It's not worth it anymore especially since now MA and Vermont are reporting anyone taking in more than $600/month income to the IRS. I am sure all other states will follow suit when they see what MA & Vermont are doing.  I live in MA.  Also, the Supreme Court just voted to allow states to charge internet sales tax.  This is going to cause a lot of paperwork headaches for smaller sellers like me (unless EBay gives sellers some support in this area).  I'll have to file as a company and send sales taxes quarterly to all the states in which buyers have purchased from me.  Sounds like a nightmare!  No thanks! 

Message 49 of 94
latest reply

@gingincorporated wrote:

My store and another long time Ebay seller are experiencing large sales drops in the last two months. I contacted Ebay but they say all is fine. I did get them to admit there is a system wide problem with sellers being able to view how many people have viewed theyre items. They offered no solutions or a fix time. I also noticed that over 75% of my listed items were unviewable for about 3 days because of some other system error that would not let buyers see my photos. This happened to the other seller as well. Anyone else have these issues?

Yes , I still can't see my view count after waiting weeks for e bay to fix it . I've called and written them about it many times . I was told July 3rd everything should be fixed , views came back for one day  but now are gone again . I don't care what anyone else says  I know all of these tech issues are  destroying sales . Its not just the glitches  its the 30 day free return seller pays for the shipping  back  that is really upsetting . I now owe e bay more money in seller fee's than I made,, much more  . However are we ever offered any compensation  for all the problems  that have been caused by all this ? of course not. Tulips 

Message 50 of 94
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

@gingincorporated wrote:

Yes , I still can't see my view count after waiting weeks for e bay to fix it . I've called and written them about it many times . I was told July 3rd everything should be fixed , views came back for one day  but now are gone again . I don't care what anyone else says  I know all of these tech issues are  destroying sales . Its not just the glitches  its the 30 day free return seller pays for the shipping  back  that is really upsetting . I now owe e bay more money in seller fee's than I made,, much more  . However are we ever offered any compensation  for all the problems  that have been caused by all this ? of course not. Tulips 

We have had 30 days returns and free returns since the beginning of the year. We were selling 12000-15000 a month.  As of July 1st, zero sales.  There isn't any genius in the world that can refute that fact and say it's something we're doing because it is not.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.
Message 51 of 94
latest reply

Having the same issues as OP.   Decided to list elsewhere.

Message 52 of 94
latest reply

I totally agree

Message 53 of 94
latest reply

Question for those with this problem:

Could you please take the time to check your Sellers Hub > Performance page, adn check the "Sales (31 days)" section, and let me know if you have any notices about Active Listing changes?

When we had problems in the past, we had notices about "Active listings down" when they were not.

Now that our visibility is returning to normal, we have a notice "Active listings up 30%".

If we can find a correlation, we may have solved the problem.

Please let me know! Hoping that we actually find some solid evidence of what might be causing this!

Message 54 of 94
latest reply

Mine are down too. Not a large store but as soon as my year is up with contract it is not worth keeping a store anymore.

Message 55 of 94
latest reply

I have another ID for selling, we do automotive parts and usually $20-30k per month in sales on eBay, thousands of items, 11k 100% feedback etc. Sales for the past 6 weeks have dropped 50% or more. eBay has serious issues and with them dumping Paypal soon to try to scam people with their own payment system so they can make more profit is a disaster in the making. Been here since 1998 and seriously considering closing down our eBay store, the issue is their crook management and their moron buyers who threaten you around the clock. All this work and effort for making pennies on sales since eBay takes most of the profit is just not worth our time anymore. We can sell direct for 15% less than eBay and make more profit and offer customers much better pricing and experience. This place is perfect for large chinese type sellers who want to make $0.01 on a iPhone case or cable and sell 500k of them.

Message 56 of 94
latest reply

Sorry to hear this. Although I am seeing a whole bunch of sellers in the same boat. Its theyre newest update. It just killed the site. I totally agree about the buyers and the new pay system. What a wreck they have created in just a couple months.

Message 57 of 94
latest reply

Ok I think I know what you are asking. I checked my Performance page. checked my active listings for last 31 days and it shows down 16.7%. I am down sales 34% compared to the previous 31 day selling period. And I am down 49.9% for the same time last year. With nearly the same amount of listings or more than last year. I have not changed any thing. This is an Ebay problem.

Message 58 of 94
latest reply

No, not at all.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 59 of 94
latest reply

@gingincorporated wrote:

My store and another long time Ebay seller are experiencing large sales drops in the last two months. I contacted Ebay but they say all is fine. 

You've sold 41 items today  alone. No sales slump at all and Ebay is correct, all is fine. Many sellers would sell there child to have a 41 items sold day.

Message 60 of 94
latest reply