cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else been slow these last few weeks?

Kinda of slow here and just wondering.

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: Has anyone else been slow these last few weeks?

Very! What's going on? Sales down half to thirds lately

Message 46 of 55
latest reply

Slow?

1. There's a notice came in the mail, laying on my desk but I haven't the nerve to open it but I think it's a foreclosure notice. 
2. The clothes dryer died, just makes a buzzing noise. Good thing I have a garage to hang washed clothes on rainy days. Although... this is The Pacific Northwest, it rains 300 days a year.
3. Two weeks ago the refrigerator died, lucky for me there was hardly any food in it. Also pretty timely that I've been meaning to switch to drinking my tea without milk so I'm all set. It is hard to get my morning oatmeal down though.
4. I ran out of shipping envelopes and I have less than $100 in the bank. I went through the trash at the p.o. and got a few good ones. I had to buy some on eBay, it's been 2 WEEKS and they still aren't here. A seller should avoid giving a seller a neg. Usually.
5. I ran out of ink and was forced to buy some on eBrat. Happily I've used this seller before and I'm surprised the ink wasn't here the same afternoon I paid. Probably tomorrow.
6. The food bank gave me a bag of fresh homegrown carrots. I love carrots. Unfortunately they had no milk, meat, tuna, eggs or other protein. They did give me some bread that looked too moldy and dangerous to put out for the raccoons. They also gave me 5 tea bags. SCORE!
7. I ran out of shampoo (sometimes the food bank has some but not this time). Luckily I have been wanting to try the latest thing all the hip people know about: "No-poo". Look it up. Shampoo is poison to your hair and scalp. So I'm totally trying that. I'll have to be real quick, water heater is on it's last leg.
8. Thankfully I can't afford insurance and maintenance on my car so it's sitting dead in the driveway. It has saved me SO MUCH money riding the bus! They are heated, air-conditioned, and have cool upholstery. I don't have to pay insurance, maintenance, or wash the dang thing!

Message 47 of 55
latest reply

In responce to this post concerning Ebay.

I am a welding shop.

I have sold the same identical products listed on both Amazon and Ebay for 9 years.

I sell $20,000 every two weeks on Amazon gross sales.

The past 6  months I get maybe one sale every two weeks on Ebay. Almost as bad as Etsy....

I use these two sales venues in addition to my websites which is they main channel of sales..

What do you think is going on with Etsy? In my opinion Ebay has turned into nothing more than a dumping ground for Chineese **bleep**!

Thanks for reading.

Message 48 of 55
latest reply

@tkinnebrew

I am glad to hear you are the exception. Not all are bad and willing to deal with buyers. Many though, will call you a lowballer, bottom feeder, etc. They hate low offers even though they are asking 3x more than the items is worth. Not only will they not negotiate a price, they will block you. Check archives of sellers talking about best offers, you may be shocked.

Message 49 of 55
latest reply

Yes, very slow.  I was killiing the post man this past summer with up to 8 packages every day.  Now I am lucky if i have 1 or 2 a week.  

Message 50 of 55
latest reply

All i seem to sell is hot items. Like the lastest toy fad or hard to find toy for xmas. Thats it for sales over $50.00. The rest is mostly $5-10 sales. Not enough to keep going. 

Im in east texas and probably will move back to dallas and find a job and say goodbye to ebay. 

I for one feel the economy and ebays owners killed this site.

Greed and all the stupid rules over returns and we all know that Google and ebay dont work any more. So this means every time someone Googles an item AMAZON shows up first.

So for me the Titanic (ebay is sinking) im jumping off jan 1 when my store is do for another year. Later Later Later

Message 51 of 55
latest reply

About all I'm selling lately is parts for small kitchen appliances.  I have 9 going out today and 7 of them are parts.  I got so tired of shipping big stuff and having the shipping eat all the profit so I just started buying the appliances and selling them piece by piece.  I make much more from doing that than selling it in one piece & the parts can be shipped cheap 1st class(I sold a grounds basket for an old non working coffee maker for $17.99 and the lid for that same basket for $15.99~~the coffee maker was worthless).  Doing this has saved me from not making any sales at all.

I have a few X-mas related items to sell but other than that I'll stick to what I sell year round.  It works for me.

Message 52 of 55
latest reply

Have definitely noticed a major decline in sales activity over the last three weeks.

Message 53 of 55
latest reply

Yes, this past week I’ve been absolutely dead

Message 54 of 55
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 55 of 55
latest reply