cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone at all had a Bump in Sales or Happy since the Implementation of GTC?

Just a quick question for everyone out there.   Has anyone had an increase of Sales since the Implementation of GTC?   If you have seen a decrease please mention it here.

Cheers everyone!

Message 1 of 289
latest reply
288 REPLIES 288

When your remove "time is of the essence" there is no urge created to buy right now.  GTC probably works really well on things we need or consumables, for me it would be mower blades, repair parts,   specialized tools , band aids, etc., etc.,  GTC has those items there when I need them and is very convenient.

That said GTC isn't helpful at all on  things we don't need but can procrastinate about.  You list a collectible or antique and you best be sitting there ready to cancel or your're going to rack up a ton of expense with few sales.  Auctions are still the best avenue if you're selling collectibles, antiques, or  items that require a collector or whim buyer because it forces them to buy or pass.  If the price is right you probably get a sale, but not always.  I used to actually get multiple bids on some items... wow those days are gone.

Message 286 of 289
latest reply

You are correct about collectibles. That's just about all I sell so I downsized my store in July of 2019 knowing that I didn't have time to baby sit my 2200 active listings for ebay on my dime. My direct retaliation to GTC was to direct my group to stop purchasing on ebay until GTC was rescinded. lol.

Well the joke is not only on me for thinking GTC would be reversed within a few months. I have changed where I buy most of my Dewalt tool and shipping supplies to other less expensive sources than ebay. I downsized my store and went back to five days a week at my regular job. My salary is up 20K per year while my downsized store expense is saving me $40 per month plus a lot of aggravation.

I also stopped actively promoting ebay in public and cover up their logo on all the free shipping supplies they give us each quarter.
Message 287 of 289
latest reply

@sunny_ell wrote:

When I do look for items, and see there is no end date - I wonder just how long it's been listed and why it is still there!?! Then I hit the back button.

This comment was made last April when GTC for all was new. I keep getting "likes" on it. OK, so now I am using GTC, because we don't have a choice!!

Message 288 of 289
latest reply

glad to see this thread is still going since April. No sales have not improved in fact  they have sucked since May. I used to have a routine to ship my items out every morning. NO I get to enjoy my coffee as I check my 3 account for teh same message " You are all caught UP" translated "no sales again today". November historically 1/3  my sales revenue for the year - 3 shipping days so far this month. 

Message 289 of 289
latest reply