cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harrassment?

There is another Ebay user who keeps sending me messages. I have asked them not to contact me but they continue. I've already blocked them from purchasing from me, but is there a way to block them so they can't keep sending me messages?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Harrassment?

Sorry you are going through this.  I know what you mean.  There are people who just can't understand or won't understand when you tell them you really don't want to hear from them.  They feel the need to hammer you.  Some have to have the last word, even when they have no clue.  It's rude and annoying but it is what it is.  

Hopefully they will eventually get the hint, but you can't count on that.  Some people have no consideration of others.

There is a separate block for communication in your preferences.  If you have not been in a transaction with them recently, it should work immediately.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

And yes, that is harassment.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@backtospartagirl wrote:

There is another Ebay user who keeps sending me messages. I have asked them not to contact me but they continue. I've already blocked them from purchasing from me, but is there a way to block them so they can't keep sending me messages?

Go to Your Account tab in My Ebay, to Site Preferences, then Selling Preferences. Under Buyer Requirements is a block to prevent those on your blocked list from contacting you. It is the last item out of 7 or 8 blocks before it, so be sure to scroll down far enough. (Below is a link with detailed instructions on how to do this.)

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/setting-buyer-requirements?id=...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Your best move would be to call Ebay and report the member for harrassment.  Have them review some of the emails you have received.  They can see all of them that are in Ebay.  They will send the other member a message asking them to stop contacting you.

If they email you again after you get Ebay involved.  Call again.  They will get a little more serious with them if they have to contact them the second time.

I had a buyer do this to me years ago.  I had to get Ebay involved three times.  But finally on the third time she stopped.  It was really crazy the stuff she'd say too.  So I completely understand.

As Castle suggested, you should have them on your BBL too.  But keep in mind if you check the box in your preferences to NOT allow those on your BBL to contact you, that means everyone on your BBL, you can't be selective.  It is all or nothing.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Do they always use the same email address or eBay ID?

When you see those, delete without reading.

DELETE

DELETE

DELETE

dalek_063.jpg

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I had a competitor who sent me a slew of harrassing emails, each one crazier than the last. I thought 'killing them with kindness' might help, and tried to reason with them..that didn't work so well. I finally contacted Ebay (as mam suggested) and I believe CS manually adjusted it to where she could no longer send the emails. 

I will caution you though. After CS stopped the emails, I put them on my BBL as well, not knowing they had a buying account. And yes, they did buy from me with it. And left negative feedback. Obviously, some people are savy about using loop-holes like that if they really want to harrass you.  I just don't understand that kind of mean-spirited person. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this, and hopefully CS will help you put an end to the emails. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply