cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardly any views, fewer watches, no sales. Help!

I am so ready to pack it in! I have not had a sale in a week, and I'm seeing I'm getting hardly any views...let alone watchers. I have "sold similar", changed photos, reduced prices, offering  sales on markdown mgr, using promoted listings, filled in their new format.

Nothing selling! Maybe at mid-month, when my bill is due, I'll get a couple sales-(this usually happens). I'm using GTC, although I hate it...I haven't had a sale from GTC in forever (waste of my monthly payment to ebay). 

In the meantime, any one have any ideas? I'm ready to not renew my store in Feb.

TIA...Charlene

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Hardly any views, fewer watches, no sales. Help!

its ebay site and they protect their own. maybe a tic tock store site might reassure some buyers. Maybe your prices are to high. Try putting a few at 99 cents and see what happens.
Message 16 of 29
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
You got THAT right!!! Views have been WAY down since October 1st!!!
Message 17 of 29
latest reply

I'll try lowering my prices a little more...and changing a few to .99....but I am not a believer in starting an auction at .99. I've seen way too many very nice, expensive items sell for .99
Message 18 of 29
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you doing on Mercari?

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, no more .99 cent auctions for me, I think they're rigged. Look at how many one-bid winners there are on auctions. I could be wrong but it just seems that it's programmed to when you bid on an item, views are restricted immediately and when the auction's over, the customer gets their item, you get a sale and eBay gets their cut, mmmmmmmm! It's a 'win-win' for everyone! No, it ain't, the seller gets rooked out of cash for fees on everything. I've seen signed Picasso prints WITH COAs go for less than $3000. It boggles me. So no, no 99 cent auctions, they'll get you. I set a price that's reasonable and a similar Buy It Now but nothing's been working. And what's up with the constant title changing to get views??? I've notice that lately also. If the search engine has to have certain arrangement of wording for a title  to give you views, then something's wrong. 

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

Sales continue to slide downward. To be honest the other 2 sites I sell on are not much better. The other E site is pulling the same stunts ,that they will hardly show your listings unless you offer free shipping. The greed of these companies is sickening. I consider it blackmail if I am paying to list something and them am told they will hide my listing unless I offer free shipping. I believe just like the poor earnings report with Ebay, that companies will not succeed in the long run by milking the sellers.Not sure where all this is going but at the moment it does not look good.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

OK -- I have to chime in and say that I have not sold anything since 10/28, and even views and watchers have been scarce.  October and November have usually been good months with changing clothing seasons and holiday decorating.  I can remember going to the post office with packages nearly every day a couple of years ago, during this time of year.  I know the marketplace is constantly changing, but I'm starting to buy into some of these theories about behind-the-scenes issues with Ebay ...

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

I'm in the SAME situation your in,  Ebay USED to be a BUSY selling site this time of year,   the past 2-3 years have gotten worse and worse,  never have I seen it this SLOW at this time of year.  It's almost Christmas for crying out loud!  I have lowered prices and refuse to give stuff away,  after all,  as it is,  by the time I pay fee's to ebay & paypal, I'm lucky if I make much at all!  This is crazy........ I have been selling on ebay since the 90's and ebay seems to get worse and worse all the time.  I was told it is a problem with GOOGLE,  it would seem to me that They could get something worked out with Google and get on good terms with them so it doesn't effect us ???  I don't know but can Google really have that much control over our sales like that ?  Wow,  I thought Ebay was a Giant in the selling department of online selling ?  am I wrong?    😞    

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

I've been selling on ebay since the 90's and have seen ALOT of changes.   I did very well so decided to open a store, things were going well at first then all of a sudden a major drop and I wasn't making any money,  yet I was still having to pay for the store.  Ebay was the only one making money so I decided to drop the store and just use the free listings given by ebay in hopes things would get better,   I have found that in the past 3-4 years now they keep getting worse.  I hate to have to stop selling all together cause I truly enjoy ebay;  always have,  but it takes a lot of time listing and still costs money on some things when & if they do sell;  I just don't know at this point what to do... I'm so disappointed and sad...…….

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

putting .99 items in there doesn't help,  have done that...……..sometimes even those sit and go unsold...…….

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Views down 400% to 500%, Watches down 400% to 600%, Sales down 600% from 2 years ago.  My sales use to be $2000 to $6000 per month depending on season, this past year I am lucky if they are $300 per month.  I currently have a basic store , after trying a premium store, but come renewal time will get rid of it.  I have tried everything and now have reduced prices so low,  just to reduce inventory - I am really fed up.  What people don't seem to realize - free shipping has you paying more in sales taxes.  Free returns are a joke - buyers abuse this feature, purchase item and then return for just about any reason - I give a very detailed description and all measurements of my items, and get "item did not fit" or "wrong size" - so I refuse to do free shipping or free returns.  I am at the point where I just want to get rid of inventory and be done! 

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Same here! Noticed the decline of sales earlier in the year after the good till cancel **bleep** was launched! 

I’m firmly convinced that when listing a buy it now with offers (good till cancel **bleep**) the listing stays at a stand still, not like before when the time lapse ended after the 10 or 30 day selection (now we don’t even get that option). Anyways as a buyer I know that other buyers search newest first or ending soonest....soooo with that said a gtc/bin listing will not show if several days have past since listing. 

My solution that I don’t like using much, is posting an item via auction with buy it now (ebay charges $1 fee for this) or with offers (FYI: you can receive offers higher than asking price not just the traditional lower offer from asking price)

I don’t like the good till cancel one bit, and eBay is not giving us sellers the choice to select 30 days or good till cancel like before! 

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

Good point, will put this to the test! 

(Although I was aware of the gtc bury listing stand still because of no time lapse as a 30 day listing)

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

"?posting an item via auction with buy it now (ebay charges $1 fee for this)" ? How are you getting charged $1. I get charged $ .10. If I have it listed in 2 categories, then I get charged more. If you're getting charged $1, before you actually relist. tap on the $1...the prompt will tell you what you're getting charged that for. Btw, I was talking to an eBay rep about an issue...she said GTC is here to stay. |It's the best category for electronics, and electronics is a major selling category. I think they should go back to BIN w/ the sellers choice of stop date
Message 29 of 29
latest reply