cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW do you opt out of this HORRIBLE new listing tool.....

Says you can opt out but can't find a way....also not helpful when changing prices...WHY Ebay why mess up a good thing with this??

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: HOW do you opt out of this HORRIBLE new listing tool.....

I'm not spending my valuable time watching videos to use this garbage set-up. I've sold many an item and the previous set-up was intuitive, let you select your category and was FAST..... Someone should be fired for this mess. No matter how I worded my items, the new set-up kept trying to enter them into dollhouse furnishings, not furniture..... Waste of time. I'll go local for everything from now and may ebay die the death it deserves.

Message 16 of 43
latest reply

I gave them several thoughts on this new garbage set-up. No matter how I worded some items, the listing would always stay in the wrong category and I know someone suggested watching videos, no, nope, nada, not going to waste my time when the previous listing tool was intuitive and let you select the category for placement of your item....

Message 17 of 43
latest reply

You have the option to edit categories..........to the right of category     "edit all options".  Once you click that click on the arrow on the right on the popup  that gives you the way to choose the category from the list of ALL categories. 

@chloe69 

Message 18 of 43
latest reply

This does not work on all.  I was able to opt out of all but one of mine.  

Message 19 of 43
latest reply

I took me a while but I figured it out, totally agree eBay is really messing things up with new roll-out of this HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE of what they deem as a more efficient listing tool!

So here's the work-around -- Go to your Seller's Overview dashboard with all of the Active /Sold/ Unsold listings you've created previously....find a listing that's close to what you want to list as the new listing then click on your old previous listing by going thru the Seller's Overview and then click "Sell Similar Item" on your previous listing. 

Message 20 of 43
latest reply

Its actually not new at all, its just that ebay is now forcing sellers to use the new listing tool it seems. I've been using it for quite some time now, and I pretty much got used to it at this point. I will admit it takes me longer to make a listing now.

Message 21 of 43
latest reply

I have moved into CSV File upload.  It took 2 months and a lot of youtube tutorials to get the hang of it, but it is clearly much quicker if you're listing similar items, I'm bookseller and art seller, so it has worked out okay.  I have 2 ebay accounts, and the smallest one still has the old tools. 

Once you get your spreadsheet ( I use google sheets, free) setup, it flies pretty fast.  I upload than add my pictures when I check each listing.   I also set up Business Policies for payment, returns and shipping, which also saved a lot of time, as the CSV only like certain things.  

It can be frustrating and a true learning curve for us long time ebayers, but it was worth it.  

For unique items I use the new tool. Yes I still hate all the bubbles and drop downs, but what can we do. 

Blessings, Max Rainet.

Message 22 of 43
latest reply

This does not work anymore. They are forcing us to use the stupid new tool now =( 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/using-new-listing-tool?id=5196&mkevt=1&mkcid...

Message 23 of 43
latest reply

I have searched for the options you speak of and can not find a way to switch back to CLASSIC LISTING TOOL>

WHY Does Ebay have to keep making changes......this NEW TOOL is NOT an improvement. 

Message 24 of 43
latest reply

So IM assuming this option has now disappered??

Message 25 of 43
latest reply

@queenofchrome wrote:

I have searched for the options you speak of and can not find a way to switch back to CLASSIC LISTING TOOL>

Yes, this topic dates from last March, and the option to revert to the previous listing form is long gone.

@queenofchrome wrote:

WHY Does Ebay have to keep making changes......this NEW TOOL is NOT an improvement. 

Typically it's because they have great difficulty making changes to existing code, as whoever wrote the current release (contract programmers off in Europe someplace, judging from some clues in the existing site) cannot be easily located again to make upgrades later on, so it seems easier to throw the existing code out altogether and make another attempt at something fresh.

When the people writing the code have little to no familiarity with how eBay operates, and have little to no supervision in terms of peer review, coding QA and release testing, this is what you get.

Message 26 of 43
latest reply

This is EXTREMELY angering. I can't believe how inconsiderate Ebay is with sellers time. YOU ARE WASTING PEOPLE'S TIME EBAY!! 

Message 27 of 43
latest reply

I am SO furious right now!  Why does eBay insist on torturing us?  Why don't they work on FIXING problems instead of constantly changing things that aren't broken?  What a nightmare! 

Message 28 of 43
latest reply

I agree. My secondary selling account was forced in months ago and I stopped listing the items I normally sell altogether and have basically left the account for dead. I had hoped with enough backlash they would switch back or make changes. Now my main account was forced into this black hole of a listing tool. Time is money and this worthless new listing tool is costing me a lot of it. It gives me a headache just trying to use it. Why would you have people who don't actually use ebay create a listing tool for people who do? I called and left a complaint with the hopes if enough people do it they'll do something but I doubt it. I also fill out the feedback form every single time I list something. 

Message 29 of 43
latest reply

I do not have that choice when I click on those 3 dots.  Got another way to opt out of the new listing style?

Message 30 of 43
latest reply