cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP malicious buyer is extorting me

I have been on ebay since 2001 with 100% perfect feedback as a seller- I recently sold a pair of glasses to a member in Thailand, he was told approximately 6-10 delivery time. On day 10 he told me he had not received package so it was lost and he knew it would never arrive. He has already filed a claim and PP has attempted to deduct from my account.

The member has 17 transactions and he has left negative feedback for almost 10 transactions all claiming not to have recieved items or gotten them in poor condition.

The member is a criminal and is scamming ebay seller, what are you doing about this ebay ?

WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT THIS EBAY ???

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: HELP malicious buyer is extorting me

@tinneri wrote:

I will only put a tracking number on a package of a buyer asks me.

If you do not use tracking, you will have never-ending problems with "Item Not Received" cases.  

At this very moment, your buyer is probably telling ten of his friends about the seller he knows who is mailing out free items 🙂

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@tinneri wrote:

I will only put a tracking number on a package of a buyer asks me.

If you do not use tracking, you will have never-ending problems with "Item Not Received" cases.  

At this very moment, your buyer is probably telling ten of his friends about the seller he knows who is mailing out free items 🙂

Well, technically he didn't mail it internationally without tracking (such as it is), because the package is tracked by its Customs number and barcode, and it has to have a Customs label on it, so there. Smiley Happy It would still need to show a Delivered status, though.

As @tinneri has said that he has his PO receipt, and that number is printed on his receipt, hopefully he will look up the tracking on that number at usps.com and tell us what it's showing there.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

You didnt put 79 cent tracking on a 79 dollar item?

Everybody wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what beasts do.
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

Hello, it is not 79 cents to track an item internationally from my country, it is very expensive. The buyer did not request a tracking number and I have never had the need for one. I am going to have to pay the ransom Plus he will leave negative feedback.
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

I'm not in America where tracking is cheap, many buyers pass on tracking when they hear the cost involved. I never needed it before but then again with a scamming buyer it would not have made a difference.
Message 20 of 27
latest reply

it was that easy but I'm in NZ and it went to Thailand. I am going to try and get help from PO here though

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@tinneri wrote:
Hello, it is not 79 cents to track an item internationally from my country, it is very expensive. The buyer did not request a tracking number and I have never had the need for one. I am going to have to pay the ransom Plus he will leave negative feedback.

Sounds like you have been lucky not needing one all this time, again the tracking number is for YOUR PROTECTION not the buyers they have no need to request it they are protected whether you have it or not however as you have learned you are not.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Ebay's 100 percent buyer satisfaction has basically created a breeding ground for scammers and malicious bidding practices. In doing this, as sellers, we have little recourse. Ebay will tell you one thing or another, but ultimately, they do not do near enough if they are doing anything at all. They could care less about the seller. I had a few auctions where the items went really high. When the auctions ended, the highest auction winner requested to cancel the transaction within thirty seconds of the auction ending. Another auction in the same week was won by a different bidder with zero feedback. When I started looking around, they both had the same destination address. It was the same bidder under two ids bidding and winning then not following through. Ebay tells you to report the bidder. WHY? They will do little to nothing and anything they do to punish the bidders, the bidders will just restart another id. If they can do it once, they do it over and over. 

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

Hello, I am an expat living in Thailand, if an item is sent registered here it almost always gets delivered.   However, we have had several items purchased from dropshippers operating out of Hong Kong/China that had no tracking number which never arrived.   As advice, never send anything that is not tracked/registered to a country where the delivery folks (and possibly buyers) are earning under 15.00 USD a day.    You could contact Thailand Post and describe the situation and they might be able to conduct a search--which we have done with limited success.   Also, almost all mail here is delivered by folks who don't speak or read English.  A package may be undeliverable because the address is written in English (depending on the region it is going to).     Note that Thai's are very particular about being right, even in the face of overwhelming contrary evidence.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@tinneri wrote:

Tracking is NOT the buyers responsibility! It is a responsibility of the seller to cover themselves in the event that the buyer claims that the item hasnt arrived.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

will post here any updates and if wanted I will post the members user name. - OP 

No ,, don't post the users name , its against the rules . However next time include a tracking number  with your shipments . It helps a great deal . Tulips 

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

As advice, never send anything that is not tracked/registered to a country where the delivery folks (and possibly buyers) are earning under 15.00 USD a day.    siamdao -  

My cousin Vickie spent three years in Thailand  when she joined the Peace corp . When she returned home she had some pretty amazing events to share  ,, some good and some not so good . One terrible incident  was when her and some of  her other Peace corp members  witnessed a bad traffic accident . They said people just walked or drove on by ,, nobody stopped to help the injured victims of the accident . So they stopped  and tried to get the people out of the damaged car . Finally she said ,, other people began to stop and they thought it was to also offer assistance . However  instead they helped themselves to the belongings  of the victims ,, even rifled through the trunk ,, stole as much as they could then left .  Tulips 

Message 27 of 27
latest reply