cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE REGARDING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK POSTING

A couple years back I had a negative feedback removed from my seller feedback page because it was not allowed in the wordings of the feedback for the buyer to state anything like "Paypal had to step in & help" or "Ebay had to help resolve". Any feedback which was written that way or implied other actions by those actions was not allowed. I have this situation going right now & so can someone who is knowledgeable with this please let me know if this is still in place? I have searched thru pages and pages of policy without finding anything about it.  

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Just last week an ebay rep clarified that negative feedback will not be removed just for mentioning a case...but if they mention an ebay/paypal case and also state the outcome, then the comment can be removed. 

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Why did you allow the case to get escalated to Ebay?  Your buyer is upset by that.  Maybe if it were resolved without Ebay's intervention, they would have been fine.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 29
latest reply

The case was not escalated to Ebay! Return/refund was agreed immediately. 

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

The exact wording was "Ebay had to step in & help". Reference to EBay's actions in a similar feedback was grounds to remove same. Anyone know? Thanks for your quick reply
Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Negative feedback rating Beware, Seller uses stock or other sellers pictures. Ebay had to help resolve!

50/50 shot maybe?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 6 of 29
latest reply

I have seen feedback like this stand. The best thing to do IMO is to call Ebay CS directly and ask them. Even if we were to say it can be removed, they might not follow through; so you don't know until you try. 

I know that may not be as defined as you were hoping for, but it's the best I can offer, except to say I would be surprised if it is removed. But it never hurts to ask. 

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

@mystevestack wrote:
The case was not escalated to Ebay! Return/refund was agreed immediately. 

I went by what the buyer said in the FB.  I should have known better, my apologies.  Some buyers think when they get a refund that it is Ebay refunding them and not the seller.  I should have put more thought into my response.  Again, I'm sorry for my oversight.

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Here's a link to the post from the eBay employee who tried to clarify grounds for feedback removal in a thread just three days ago. You can decide for yourself whether it is worth pursuing to have the feedback removed.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Negative-Feedback-from-Angry-Buyer/m-p/29473553/highlight/true...

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

@gew6463 wrote:

I have seen feedback like this stand. The best thing to do IMO is to call Ebay CS directly and ask them. Even if we were to say it can be removed, they might not follow through; so you don't know until you try. 

I know that may not be as defined as you were hoping for, but it's the best I can offer, except to say I would be surprised if it is removed. But it never hurts to ask. 

Yes, hard to say, gew.  

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Thanks everyone who has answered. The very worst of this whole thing is that the buyer has 3 separate user ID's (likely MANY more) & I am a "newby" seller of the exact type same brand of items. This person is selling these items under 2 different id accounts/user names. I've received private emails telling me I basically shouldn't be competing with them (in a not very nice way) & threats to provide me with more neg feedback. It really gets tricky when the buyer uses different id's to buy .... how do you know who to trust? Of course those known have been blocked, but there will be more. I warned Ebay of this in many professionally written messages, advising my concern, and spoke to a feedback general this morning who basically shrugged that whole part off. I wanted to keep repeating it to her many times but she wouldn't even acknowledge that I'd told her this. I have all the saved messages in my Sent folder, but was told by the feedback general that she doesn't have the authority or access to be able to take a look at my messages of concern from weeks ago when this first began. I don't know what to do in this situation, except maybe reply to the horrible feedback given me (which truly isn't the truth of anything) ..... don't we as sellers all use stock photos for new items ?? But my reply to the feedback comment must be something not toooo nasty for all others to read & decide they may not want to deal with me as a seller. As an aside, after reading a lot of posts in this forum, I've learned that nothing can be done about this aspect of it all .... the buyer sent a different item as the "return", which is worthless. This was a 30.00 item from the outset. Good grief.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
Negative feedback rating Beware, Seller uses stock or other sellers pictures. Ebay had to help resolve!

50/50 shot maybe?

Actually, since eBay's pushing of their catalog and their granting themselves the non-exclusive rights to everyone's uploaded material, I'm not sure that there is anything negative in the comment except the mentioning of eBay being called in.

It wasn't that long ago when removal would have been a given.  But as the song says, "The times, they are a changing."

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 12 of 29
latest reply

@mystevestack 

"(which truly isn't the truth of anything) ..... don't we as sellers all use stock photos for new items ??"

I have never used a stock photo as I don't believe stealing copyrighted work from a website or brand is ethical.

BTW, Lululemon is an Ebay VeRO member and can have your listings removed for use of their photos.

Maybe it's time to take your own pictures for all of your items.

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

@a*river*runs*through*it wrote:

@mystevestack 

"(which truly isn't the truth of anything) ..... don't we as sellers all use stock photos for new items ??"

I have never used a stock photo as I don't believe stealing copyrighted work from a website or brand is ethical.

BTW, Lululemon is an Ebay VeRO member and can have your listings removed for use of their photos.

Maybe it's time to take your own pictures for all of your items.

Using a "stock" photo is not necessarily stealing or unethical if you have the permission of the owner of the pic to use it.

I have had Vero violations in the past for some of my pics some brands claimed as their own.  Even when I proved they were not theirs, they said basically Oh Well, but wouldn't remove the violation from my records.  They aren't always right.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Photos are something the OP does need to address. If they're using stock photos they don't have permission to use that can get them in trouble. Hopefully they do have permission, but since Lululemon is a VeRO member it's questionable. Only the OP can say for sure.

The item that received the negative FB was a used item and according to the FB possibly used somebody else's photos. Using stock photos on a new item is one thing, as is using your own stock photos on your own items, but using somebody else's photos on a used item? That's the kind of behavior that leaves buyers disappointed and affects the rest of us.

Good night and good luck
Message 15 of 29
latest reply