cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed delivery punishment

I have one simple question:

Will those of us who refuse to sign up for guaranteed delivery get a beating from eBay?

It certainly seems so- the more i keep clicking on X button on my Seller hub page, more my sales are declining.

I was just wondering if those two events are somehow connected!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

since the GD program hasn't gone into effect yet.........  I doubt they are connected.......

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Make the dive--take a couple of days to get to know the Hub.  I find it very useful, and I would never change back to the other old page.

I'm considering doing the Guaranteed Delivery program.  Unfortunately, my car is in rough shape (can't afford repairs) and my mailbox is so far from the house that I can't see it (600 foot driveway)--neither of those seem a good risk with GDel right now.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I don't think so. But their last email was kind of pushy and annoying.

It had 3 seperate times where they said

'DONT GET FILTERED OUT!'
'DONT LET YOUR LISTINGS BE HIDDEN!'

I was like, wow...really!? Almost sounds like a threat...DO IT OR YOU'LL BE HIDDEN! Cmon now
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Also, if you don't ship within 1 day, you have to compensate the buyer for shipping... doesn't sound very good to me. 

Im guessing this can be avoided by doing free ship?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I agree with you-100%

Here we have eBay telling us that they don't hide the listings, and that they don't alter visibility, but then they go and contradict themselves in their own email.

It absolutely sounds like a treat.

I am dead tired of working 24-7 (yes i literally will answer buyers message at 3 am, should they send one), just to have these ridiculous selling limits that i can't get rid of. My direct competitor sells exact same merchandise at 30% higher prices, and they sell bucnh every day, while i may sell one a day lately-if ebay lets me.

So here we have a seller (ME) whose items are better described, whose listings are prettier on the eye, whose listings have all specifics filled out, a seller who goes above everything to ship same day, who has 100% positive feedback and no defects, and most importantly whose prices are low and affordable, but low and behold, her competitor is making a killing because why?

No idea?!

Because they are based in California? Because their feedback is double of mine?

Is it really that buyers would much rather overpay and get their item from California seller , rather than Arizona?

Or is it that California sellers have more visibility and they don't get turned off?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

That is so very interesting. I dont quite understand that. not to mention, when i posted my first item, i got restricted but not until the item was actually bought and showed as sold, then i was restricted, the item removed until i identified my self. So the sale wasnt considered valid, i tried to contact the buyer after they released my account but never got a response. I was never able to relist the item as ebay said and now my activity board, which is limited, still shows as this item was sold but if i click on sold items, nothing is actually listed but yet it shows i have sold $950 out of the $1500 selling limit i have and now I cant even accept a purchase if i wanted to and ebay has said they would fix this and hasnt. and i havent had anyone even offer me anything since that happen. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply