Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

USA Seller having to communicate with eBay France about a return

I have been a seller on eBay since eBay started and have just recently encountered a problem that is so unprofessional on the part of eBay. I am a USA seller and sold an item to a buyer in France. The buyer returned claiming it was damaged. I got the...

My eyes ! My eyes !

Zoom on photos now takes up the whole half side of the listing, opposite the original photo, down to the little "report item" letters. In other words, title, price, shipping, ending time, return policies, all that stuff is completely covered by a huu...

Increase In Buyers Lying on Return Reason So They Don't Have To Pay Return Shipping

I sell electronics. I'm seeing a huge increase in buyers stating my items are "defective" or "not as described" but when I receive it back it's not defective at all or complete as described. I'm turning around and immediately reselling them with no s...

Any way to fix buyer's errant 1-star DSR feedback?

So buyer gave 1-stars for everything, while giving a nice positive review where he very specifically says the opposite. I believe he thought 1 star is best, like #1. I saw there was an option to request feedback revision, but it won't let me because ...

Buy it Now

I just listed two new items and see that both are "or best offer" When I posted this I did not choose a choice only Buy it now as a Fixed Price. Has something changed? I understand I don't have to accept any offers but why mislead a buyer into thinki...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is my buyer (0-feedback, "pending payment," courier address) a scammer or clueless novice?

A 0-feedback user just bought two of my fixed-price items (292247474824 and 292247390718). I was notified by Paypal of a "Pending PayPal Payment": "XXX has initiated a PayPal payment to you - funded from the sender's bank account." Soon thereafter, t...

Can I relist a sold item to save time making a completely new listing?

I sold an item about 6 weeks ago (The buyer paid in full and I sent it) and I have come into posession of an identical item, same condition etc and have just used the "Relist" button to relist it to save time? Is that OK? To be honest i'm keeping the...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Are you seeing more requests for returns lately? I'm getting perhaps I should stop selling.

My first return request came last weekend. I had sold a brand new sealed Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Buyer requested a return stating that he could not call out. He is returning it. Just now I get a message from a buyer stating he can not locate his seria...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

There is such a thing as NO RETURNS on Ebay

Well, after all these years (19) the returns policy is giving me heartburn... You see, all these clowns have learned how to game it.(well really, ebay encourages returns and etc.) I had a guy bid 39 times on an item, win it and then decide to open a ...

Ebay Refunds Buyer After Sending Items Twice

Sold 2 cutter blades for engraving machine on Aug 12, 2017. Mailed from local Post Office like always. Buyer emailed me several days later claiming to not have received items. Told him would resend again with Tracking Information. Buyer Filed complai...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Where to List Vintage Pony Tail - Real Human Hair - For wigmakers?

Purchased a box of antique correspondence at a recent estate auction and found a 6 ounce, 16" long ponytail in the bottom of it. It's real human hair and was clearly cut from it's owners head as a pony tail. I'm sure it has value (to wig/extension ma...

Statistics on performance of eBay sellers?

Does anyone have statistics on eBay sellers' distribution of gross receipts: for example, x percent of sellers receive y dollars per month or less, xx percent receive yy dollars or less, etc. I'm asking about this purely from idle curiosity; I wonder...

Buyer Claims She Didn't Bid On An Item

I sent an invoice to a buyer when I didn't recieve prompt payment and she emailed back that she didn't bid on the item. That was it, one line, no explanation - so I asked how that might have happened and if she contacted eBay to resolve the issue. Sh...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors