cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Similar Items..... Now I understand why no one is viewing my listings anymore

I have been trying to understand why my sales, views and watchers have been down.  I just did a search for "Swarovski Crystal Heart Bracelet" just to see where I am in the search.  My listings are on the first or second page which is cool.  Then I noticed the "group similar listings" button.  So I hit the button and the search is reduced from 917 listings down to 79 listings..... none of which are mine or even look like my jewelry.  What is up with this?

I also noticed that my vintage items are selling faster..... I guess it's hard to group vintage items into a "group similar" scenario.

Not sure what to do..... my jewelry is new without tags but I hand make all of the items.  I guess this is eBay's idea of how to be Amazon.  Go Figure 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Group Similar Items..... Now I understand why no one is viewing my listings anymore

exactly! I view listings under my category by newest first and I do this each night. I only look at what's new each day most usually. I don't need ebay grouping things for me - that goes against the way I view listings. This has only been going on for me for about a week. 

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Re: Group Similar Items..... Now I understand why no one is viewing my listings anymore

My guess is with grouped listings one with 15 other buying options for example still only counts as one. that could explain why the total listings drops not necessarily that listings have been dropped out.

Never having used it before I checked it out and think it's has some value but it for sure isn't perfect. I did a major catagory search in one of my areas of selling and came up with 50000 listings. So i group them and its down to 4000.  I scroll down and see an item I recently listed. the title is 99 precent the same as mine but it is not mine. The one shown is the cheapest and that's how it got shown. No big deal I look over to where it says there are several other buying options. Yeah mine will still be just one click off the first page. I click it and it'd not there.slight_frown

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

As a buyer I hate this 'feature'. Sometimes items are grouped, other times not. I'm missing lots of items because I forget to check when browsing catagories, really annoying.

The marketing dev' at ebay who brought this one to the table should be shown the way out.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Ran into my first "group similar items" button on ebay today. It's horrible for those of us arbitrage dropshippers. (I'm just a little old grandma unable to get out of the house to find things to sell, trying to make ends meet - not China, not big money) Now I will have to adjust every item to pretend it is something else or go into other areas like wholesale. I can't compete with people that sell without making a profit or have found a cheaper source than I have. Ahhhgg. Why doesn't ebay just leave the market alone instead of trying to tweak it all the time?
Not sure why eBay wants to be like Amazon, but my biz will take a direct hit.
Daneille
"lesthefireman"
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Our sales are down too.  We also sell jewelry.  Were down 50% from this point last year.  You know it does seem like ebay is trying to be like amazon though.  Best regards

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

Funny, I'm really p-o'd I can't find this feature any more - i depended on it to find DIFFERENT items like yours, because more and more sellers think it's a good idea / insist on running 100 or more listings for the same GD item.  It makes finding what you want next to impossible and I just have to forget about it.  The feature worked great - it's NOT responsible for your lost sales - if you're a legit seller it even makes it POSSIBLE TO FIND YOU.

Maybe you should put the blame on the GARBAGE MASS LISTINGS?

🎷🎷🎷

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/selling-db.

Thanks.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply