cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Idea!!!! (For Ebays benefit)

"We’re reaching out to let you know that, starting May 15, your listings that display calculated shipping will default to showing eBay Labels discounted shipping rates. The new default rates will apply to all of your active and future listings that offer calculated shipping; listings with free or flat rate shipping won’t be affected.

We’re making this change to help your listings attract more buyers by offering a lower shipping cost. To get the discounted rate that will be displayed on your listings, make sure to purchase your shipping labels through ebay labels.

If you want to opt out of this change, just let us know here by May 13 and we won’t make any changes to your current shipping rates. You can also switch back to showing standard rates at any time after May 15 through your shipping discount settings.

Please note that this change will only apply to sellers receiving this email.

Thanks for being part of the eBay community."

I couldn't have opted out quicker. 🤣

I have an idea EBay. If we opt in. Will you opt in from not taking commission in the shipping/tax? Deal? 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Great Idea!!!! (For Ebays benefit)

I guess I take for granted that I have done this for so long that I can tell you what an item will cost to ship to a very close amount. I assume worst case and that is what I use. I gain on some and lose on some.....but, at the end of the year after hundreds of transactions, I am withing a couple percent plus or minus on shipping. I never worry much about it as the costs are all tax deductible anyway and not worth the time to do all the "rate tables" and other bells and whistles Ebay wants to throw at us. For newer sellers the calculated shipping may be the way to go but I kept having issues with it (and in fairness that was when they first introduced it and I have not tried it for some time).

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: Great Idea!!!! (For Ebays benefit)

If you don't mind my asking, how do you figure your flat rate? 

Do you just do the calculation and then charge the rate at the upper end?

Message 17 of 17
latest reply