cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got tricked into selling to china. Bad outcome!

I posted a GoPro camera and accessories for sale on eBay, I never sell outside the USA but a person contacted me through eBay messaging and asked me If I could sell to China as he lives there. I accepted and changed the post so he could click buy. He bought the camera and asked me to get a shipping label from USPS instead of eBay International. So I did and sent the package, as soon as it arrived in China, the tracking stopped and he claimed no received item to eBay. Now eBay doesn't insure through USPS; he got refounded, and I lost the camera and paid. Now the buyer closed his eBay account after receiving his funds, this is clear evidence that he knew China's mail would not track the package anymore and that he could claim a non-received item.  I was tricked and I lost. eBay wake up, Chinese people are taking advantage of this issue with their mail system.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Got tricked into selling to china. Bad outcome!

Yep if you can get EIS to work for you it seems like a pretty good way to sell internationally. I quit doing international 20 years ago.

With the new EIS I figured I would give it a shot. I had two international "sales" in the first week only to be followed by two  cancellation requests within a few minutes of each sale. Disabled EIS and blocked international. Not wasting my time with that.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@17051958 ,

I sell all over the world including China and have not had any issues except one package lost by Australian Post. I get 2 to 3 international orders every week. They tend to be my largest orders. You just got unlucky. Also, I ship all my international orders directly and not thru EIS.

Over the years I've had more lost packages with USPS than shipping out of the country. Granted I ship many more packages within the US.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

@asset_liquidators wrote:

With the new EIS I figured I would give it a shot. I had two international "sales" in the first week only to be followed by two  cancellation requests within a few minutes of each sale. Disabled EIS and blocked international. Not wasting my time with that.

How did you conclude that EIS was the problem there?

Message 18 of 18
latest reply