cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good until Sold Listings Problem

I want to make everyone aware that if you have items that are listed on Good Until Cancelled and they sell ...ebay it not removing them and you have to go in and manually end that listing..   I have now had this happen 7 or 8 times and I go back and check to see if they were removed once they sold and they are not...Beware...be sure you end your item if it sells...eBay please try to get this fixed...

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@nanbin1 wrote:

If your sold items are staying active, you need to turn off the Out Of Stock option in your site preferences.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Just another example of what a cluster this site has become.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

No, in this case it's just an example of a seller using an inappropriate listing option, which some other sellers find very useful.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I found the option to opt out. I didn't find it useful at all because I sell rare inexpensive one-off matchbook covers and some rare coins. If I happen to have multiples of the same item once they sell out they are gone.

I could see how the sellers pushing foreign "stuff" would love this option because once they deplete their inventory they know that the next boat load is coming soon.

BUY AMERICAN MADE please!
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Before GTC was mandated for fixed price listings, when my FP listings ended, they ended.  I discovered the OOS option and can see why  it is beneficial for some sellers.

Most of what I sell has a finite number.  There are few things that I can actually "replenish" once they are sold out, so using the OOS option works for me.  When I look at one of those listings I can see "0" quantity in Seller Hub.  When I go to the actual listing, there is no way for anyone to make a purchase.  I do not know if that is what a buyer sees, but that is what I see.  On the rare occasion that the item is available again, I can make additional purchases and don't have to re-create or Relist/Sell Similar.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

As other sellers have already said, I too am happy with this option. I find it useful. As long as the quantity becomes 0, then I get to keep my pictures and listings in tact so that I can replenish with out the hassles of re-writing and re-doing pictures. That is what the Out-of-Stock option is for. Double check and be sure that option is turned off for you.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@jayjaspersgarage wrote:
I found the option to opt out. I didn't find it useful at all because I sell rare inexpensive one-off matchbook covers and some rare coins. If I happen to have multiples of the same item once they sell out they are gone.

I could see how the sellers pushing foreign "stuff" would love this option because once they deplete their inventory they know that the next boat load is coming soon.

OMG It isn't just for "sellers pushing foreign stuff".  There are many US based seller selling stuff made in the US that this option is fantastic for.  Just because it isn't something that is useful for you doesn't mean it isn't a great tool for others.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@jayjaspersgarage wrote:
Just another example of what a cluster this site has become.

@jayjaspersgarage 

It's actually just example of starting another board rumor of an Ebay glitch that never happened. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@jayjaspersgarage wrote:

You have items for sale that aren't made in America.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply