cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitch that causes defect to account!

Today a buyer opened a return, said "wrong item sent".  I sent the correct item, it stated in the description that the dress was very short.  This buyer's reason for the return was that the dress was too short!  I messaged her and told her it's the right item, check the materials tag, etc.  She told me when she opened the return, she was not getting a label.  We have free returns.  She called eBay and was told to use that reason....wrong item sent!  Then she got a label.  The rep told her it was a "glitch" in the system!  

The is a huge problem....sellers will get defects from this glitch.  Now I have to go to the trouble of getting this removed.  What a lovely thing to wake up to!!  UGH!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Glitch that causes defect to account!

It's only a defect if you refuse to deal with it and ask eBay to step in.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yes I know that....I should have said it's a hit against the service metric for "not as described returns".  To me, it's a bad as a defect since it could potentially cause a huge loss of money due to increased FVFs. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@head-853 wrote:

Did ebay change their rules about just a case being opened is a defect against you and your measured by your peers?

How about if you get too many you then get to pay an additional 5% in FVF?

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@mynewfindstore wrote:

The rep told her it was a "glitch" in the system!  

The is a huge problem....sellers will get defects from this glitch.

Just to clarify - that is what your buyer told you that the eBay rep told her. If the buyer is willing to lie about whether the correct dress was sent, it stand to reason she might not be honest with you about her interactions with eBay reps either. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

That is possible and I will definitely ask eBay about it.  Now that I think about it, it actually doesn't make sense that she opened a return with a different reason, did not get a label and then eBay deleted the request so she could open it with a different reason.  I thought that once a return was closed, another could not be reopened on the same item.  Also, the buyer has no power to change the reason and I don't think the reps do either.   Smells fishy!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

@head-853 wrote:

Did ebay change their rules about just a case being opened is a defect against you and your measured by your peers?

How about if you get too many you then get to pay an additional 5% in FVF?

eBay tracks return requests as part of the Service Metrics but it is NOT a "defect" and never has been unless as head-853 stated you try to refuse the return and lose.

To get knocked down to Below Standard simply because of Service Metrics takes a lot of issues as you need to be above the average for similar sellers AND the number of issues that are allowed are much more generous than is the case with true "Defects".

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

These reasons negatively impact metrics regardless of your Free Return Policy.
1) Doesn't work or defective
2) Doesn't match description or photos
3) Wrong item sent
4) Missing parts or pieces
5) Arrived damaged
6) Doesn't seem authentic
You need to get the buyer to select one of the other reasons.
Changed mind
Doesn't fit
Found a lower price
Ordered by mistake

Message 8 of 8
latest reply