cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

... Getting lots of crazy offers, how about you?

1. Buyer offered $ 200 on a $ 575 item ... seriously?  LOL!!! LOL!!! Still LOL!!!!!!!!!

2. Three Buyers wanted to do Off Site purchases?  Errrnt, not on my watch ...

3. Two Buyers offered amounts to include shipping, I replied I charge shipping but would lower the price instead to compensate and they could choose whichever shipping option they wanted ... the NEW totals were just a tad under their offers ... still waiting for the orders ... waiting and waiting and waiting ... ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4. Buyer asked for dimensions on an item, I sent them ... Buyer asked another question, I answered it ... crickets ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: ... Getting lots of crazy offers, how about you?

The crazy holiday buying season is underway & likely escalate to real crazy.

Good luck & Happy selling

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

Maybe take a deep breath, watch a Christmas movie, and have an egg nog?
Message 3 of 41
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:
Maybe take a deep breath, watch a Christmas movie, and have an egg nog?

Or a bottle of L'ecole 41 Cabernet...

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 4 of 41
latest reply

@mr_lincoln,

Start setting automatic decline prices on the Best Offer listings.  I've found the lowballers burn through their offers when I've done that.   I also start the auto decline at about 8% off for the first week of a listing, then increase it as the 30 day cycle runs down.

The thing is ebay has hurt the Best Offer feature by forcing it on sellers who do not want to accept offers. They don't respond and buyers get mad. After awhile they stop making offers.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 41
latest reply

Soon it will be the question on Dec 22 and 23...."can you send this $5 item by express mail so we can get it by Christmas?" LOL

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 6 of 41
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@mr_lincoln,

Start setting automatic decline prices on the Best Offer listings.  I've found the lowballers burn through their offers when I've done that.   I also start the auto decline at about 8% off for the first week of a listing, then increase it as the 30 day cycle runs down.

The thing is ebay has hurt the Best Offer feature by forcing it on sellers who do not want to accept offers. They don't respond and buyers get mad. After awhile they stop making offers.

Thanks for the reply, I don't use Best Offer, these were offers in eBay messaging.  But if I did I would do as you suggest ...

Regards,
Message 7 of 41
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories, @div_style

Good suggestions, thank you ... I actually like Egg Nog ... most, if not all, of my Descriptions end with "Questions welcome" so I reply to all of them ... its just some are way out there and this recent batch has more ...

Regards,
Message 8 of 41
latest reply

Seems to me that people are waiting to see if the price goes lower...or just holding off in general...

Alot of my items have a few watchers, but seem to sit there. I think the season started off slow for me. As it gets closer, it will hopefully change.

As an aside, I also sell on the river and it has been insanely busy which has been great...

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

I had a lot of low ball offers until I took off make offer. I found that when I accepted an offer they would take several days to pay.  It was less stressfull for me to take off the make offer.

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

@oceanofpearls2013  You know, I actually think there is some validity to the point that Buyers may think Sellers will drop their price if they ask questions and then go silent ...

Regards,
Message 11 of 41
latest reply

@ladyhamilton_forever  I've never used Best Offer (now Make Offer) ... the offers I get are through messaging.

Regards,
Message 12 of 41
latest reply

I remember when it was considered a policy violation to ask about a Best Offer if Best Offer was not on the listing.  It was said that if a seller did not have Best Offer on the listing, that meant there was no interest in a Best Offer.  How times how changed.

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

Consider the connotations between Best Offer and Make Offer.

Best Offer insinuates that this is your best shot. Make Offer, not so much.
Anything will do. There used to be verbiage that explained Best Offer should be attractive and that the closer it was to the listed price, the greater the chance of success. I wonder if that verbiage has been removed. It sounds like it has.
Message 14 of 41
latest reply

Setting a best offer price will eliminate low and unwanted offers. Not difficult to do any only takes a second. 

Message 15 of 41
latest reply