cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery Plus Charged On New POSTCARD Listing Today Sellers Beware.

I started a new listing this morning under postcards. Gallery plus if free normally for this category.  I noticed it said $1 today. Im not sure if Ebay, overnight, changed their gallery plus charges for categories but if so then when your listing renews it will cost many sellers thousands and its not refundable.  I am calling ebay when they open to see what happened.  Also their listing template changed yesterday too

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Please update us if you get and answer. ALL items I am trying to list in collectables are showing the $1. The update says that it is still free in collectibles, art pottery  and antiques, but the tool is showing it being a cost. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@cpappa27 wrote:

I started a new listing this morning under postcards. Gallery plus if free normally for this category.  I noticed it said $1 today. Im not sure if Ebay, overnight, changed their gallery plus charges for categories but if so then when your listing renews it will cost many sellers thousands and its not refundable.  I am calling ebay when they open to see what happened.  Also their listing template changed yesterday too

Hey @cpappa27 ! We apologize about the issue you are experiencing with the gallery plus feature charging fees to your account when it should not be. There is an open sitewide ticket to have this issue resolved and can be seen on our Tech Board here. You can reach out to customer support here to have your account added to the ticket and just let them know that you are running into ALERT14469. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Double check if your category is STILL in the free list after the February 15th update.....

Fees & financials | Seller Center (ebay.com)

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@monica-sells wrote:

Double check if your category is STILL in the free list ...

There were no changes related to categories. The only intended change was in the price charged for using Gallery Plus when an item was listed with a price of $150 or more in the non-free categories.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

They must have messed up and made it for all price ranges.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I spoke to customer service and she was unable to replicate it by creating a listing on their system with an exact copy of my draft.  They were showing as no charge but mine was showing as a charge on my end.  They escalated it to a different department and will be getting it figured out soon. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

This says that people are being charged when gallery plus in NOT opted.  It says nothing about when ti is opted for categories where it should be free and being charged which is the issue at hand.  Thank you

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Postcards specifically which I  am having the issue with is still in the free category.  Thank you for your reply.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@cpappa27 wrote:

They must have messed up and made it for all price ranges.

It's supposed to be the same for all price ranges (35 cents for auctions, $1 for fixed price).  

The issue is that it's not supposed to be charged at all in those 3 categories.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thanks..you are absolutely correct..."Postcards" are a colletibles category and therefore qualify....

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

It seems Ebay has fixed this issue and now gallery plus is back to no charge for the categories that its supposed to be free.  Thanks ebay.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not had any issues in years when the price was $.35.

Apparently learned their lesson after get chargebacks from my credit card.

Wow, old dogs can learn new tricks.

Sorry about the insult to dogs.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply