cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTC... I MISS BEING BUSY

ANGRY  DEPRESSED  DISCOURAGED DISAPPOINTED  AND BROKE.  ALSO, WHAT'S WITH ALL THE NONE PAYING AUCTION BUYERS?  ALSO, WHAT'S WITH ALL THE TONS OF RETURN REQUESTS AND THEY'RE NOT REALLY RETURNING?  WHAT IS GOING ON???

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: GTC... I MISS BEING BUSY

"WHAT IS GOING ON??"
IS CORRECT.

I can understand a few slow days in the summer but the past two months have been a disaster. Slow loading pages, few views, bad offers (because the buyers KNOW we're getting desperate) and standing on our HEADS to try and make listings complete and honest - and we get *crickets*.
Message 46 of 55
latest reply

well now I suspect the company is experiencing turmoil within and from outside forces, I suspect that it has been taken over and is totally different than it was 10 years ago, now it is a great place to find a bargain, I guess. Desparate? no, I.d rather donate this stuff than sell it for nothing, and I did take 2 boxes of albums to the dump today.
Message 47 of 55
latest reply

We are sad to hear about your sluggish sales.

We also experienced a dramatic drop about 2-3 weeks after the forced GTC option.  It's more work, but we discovered that our sales bounced back to normal by doing 2 steps.

1)  Ending all of our listings

2) Re-posting them

You will need to keep on top of this as it will need to be done every month.  You may want to filter for listings ending within the next 24 hours.

We believe that buyers who have alerts set for particular items are not being notified when a GTC listing renews.  In our experience the alerts to potential buyers within the eBay community far outweigh the nominal uptick in Google serach.

Hope this helps.

Message 48 of 55
latest reply

e bay is discriminating against some sellers because they are conservative on their social media sites, I ma going to contact my attorney to see if I have a law suit. I know ebay will not allow this to remain visible for long. 

Message 49 of 55
latest reply

Sort of a long shot there.......eBay is profit based and really cant help much if your trying to sell something no one wants. This is so true.
Message 50 of 55
latest reply

GTC BAD...... buyers can watch for 30 days.... why does ebay not allow 5 day listings?

Message 51 of 55
latest reply

Clearly you have someone helping you with all the listings you have.. I don't.. For me to sit everyday and end listings to relist is a bit much..  I would think Ebay would be trying to help sellers do things faster rather than take longer so we would have time to stock our items and get things shipped out on time,, that is no longer the case if we are to end every listing and and do new listings every month.. That in it's self goes back to 30 day listings,, difference is,, the 30 day listings ended automatically and now we have to do it manually..  Very time consuming to say the least..

Message 52 of 55
latest reply

The ones that are watching have been watching for some time and are waiting for you to lower the price. Then it might sell or it might not. I just end my listing a few hours before they end. Otherwise would be paying too much ebay fees. And sales are so slow barely certainly not making anything and find it time consuming. Frustrated.
Message 53 of 55
latest reply

Oh eBay helps lots of sellers, just not the small sellers of used and collectibles. They seem to be making it crystal clear they don't want us or need us anymore.

For every small seller that gives up here, eBay has 1,000 rapid sell through rate Chinese businesses to replace our tiny footprint here.

We are obsolete to eBay and probably taking up server room they prefer to give to their huge money makers, which I doubt is anyone here. I know I am not. I can't sell ice to, well, you know on either of my accounts.

It's sad, but Mom and Dad have kicked us to the curb to go fend for ourselves in the World, and they don't want us moving back in when we are out of money and want to go back to college or whatever.

The door is closing, I truly believe that now. Closing for small sellers anyway, depending on what you are trying to sell here.

They are trying to get me to buy a store. What fool would pay for a store in this terrible eBay climate of 'what's coming next to make your selling life harder and less fruitful", because you know more is coming.

I won't. Too afraid of losing yet more money on a site that is manipulating and moving everyone around like game pieces to catch a dollar here or there.

I would say hang in there everyone, but I don't think there is much to hang onto anymore ;(

Message 54 of 55
latest reply

try using best offer. if you want to sell for $10, list it for $12 and let them talk you down a couple bucks ....wink

Message 55 of 55
latest reply