cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give more free monthly listings (100) to sellers selling low cost items who meet high standards?

There is alot of work and time involved in selling low cost items. Shipping materials and postage is costly. Buying a store would also be costly and very time consuming trying to reach the monthly limit. Small sellers need more incentive and need to add to their profits.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Give more free monthly listings (100) to sellers selling low cost items who meet high standards?

Have you checked out the Announcements for the 2018 Spring Seller Update about 2 new levels of stores beginning May 1, 2018 ?  Starter level for $7.95/month or $4.95/month if you commit to a yearly subscription.  Includes 100 fixed priced or auction-style listings.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/ebay-stores.html

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@out_of_the_housewrote:

There is alot of work and time involved in selling low cost items. Shipping materials and postage is costly. Buying a store would also be costly and very time consuming trying to reach the monthly limit. Small sellers need more incentive and need to add to their profits.

As you realize, the eBay model is really not profitable for low-cost items.  Not only are there typically thin margins, but the labor involved in each sale makes it difficult to earn above minimum wage selling items under $10-15.*

It would be more realistic for a seller of low priced items to switch to selling higher priced items ... rather than expecting eBay's model to change to favor low priced items.

*This is assuming that shipping is a package with tracking, rather than an envelope without tracking.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thank you so much! I did not know that. You have been SO helpful. That is exactly what I am looking for. I am definitly getting a store in May !

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you, that is what I am doing now. Small items go to animal charity  stores.  I know that Ebay is a business, I'm just one of those folks that truely believes and practices looking out for everyone. I  do respect your opinion very much.  I 'm sure their are many ways people's lives are improved by working with Ebay that I am aware of and ones I am not. Thank you for your time and response.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

ohyesidid
Thrill-Seeker

I liked your  initial idea, more free listings.  I know I personally hold back inventory because I can't afford to pay listing and re-listing fees  I am sure I am not alone in this situation, because I have read the extent people will go to , to avoid listing fees.   

Surprise, not all of us can afford to move on to more expensive items.  

The more we can list the more the more money for everybody.  It is simple logic.

So you post was great until you caved.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

1.    The work is about the  same if you sell low cost items or expensive items proved you describe item well in both pictures & words.

2.  If you sell any thing over 15.9 ounces shipping escalated - even  low  cost items can be expensive to ship - say some thing like a  1970's bowling ball - I have one but will never attempt to  sell - ain't worth  much.

3.  We receive an monthly allotment of 50  free listings and don't use all of them in a month maybe 25 -  I do get the 100  free list  promos but only use 1 or 2 and have no plans to sell in the monthly quantities & dollar  volume we once did.  Wish I could transfer them  to someone that really can benefit  from  the extras.  Once upon at time around 2013 we received a freebee  promo for  some  crazy 4 digit number. Only  had about 100 items  actively listed - not a snow balls  chance in  hades could I use them up in  5 days or even  make an attempt to.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

Have you checked out the Announcements for the 2018 Spring Seller Update about 2 new levels of stores beginning May 1, 2018 ?  Starter level for $7.95/month or $4.95/month if you commit to a yearly subscription.  Includes 100 fixed priced or auction-style listings.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/ebay-stores.html

FYI the OP has 17  current active fixed  price listings and an eBay member buyer/seller since 04.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 8 of 8
latest reply