cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSO USPS Facility GREENSBORO

Every time I see THIS I cringe:

Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility

GREENSBORO NC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

For some reason there seems to be delays at this location and I can't figure out WHY.  I don't know if this is for small packages specifically, packages from certain origination or destination zip codes go here for some reason, etc but no matter what, almost always there is a reroute or hold up at this facility that makes packages take longer than other facilities. It also seems to be the case regardless of when an item is shipped. There are message boards about it and am wondering from within eBay sellers and buyers, what gives?  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: GSO USPS Facility GREENSBORO

i am shipping from n.c. so most of my packages go there... only seldom do i have problems. on occasion a package seems to get "trapped" there for a few days before it moves on.

but never had really big issues.

however, if you have major problems with them, let me know and i will give you they # to greensboro usps consumer affairs office;-)

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks! Nothing crazy so far, just a realized lagging each time a USPS package goes through here for any reason and wondering the actual reason....

This is the only facility that I have seen that can cause a package to get held up, rerouted, or cause an item to get delayed by a day or more. Some people do not or may not believe this, but each time a package is held up, a request for text message status updates does "seem" to help get things moving. I feel bad for sellers that may get a ding by being late or for unsuspecting buyers that don't know to look at full tracking path or request updates via text on these items. Just curious if others have specific experience with this particular distribution center and or can give insight as to the why? (Not specifically asking about USPS reroute paths as they might not make sense in general to the public, unless the USPS reroute reason addresses THIS location in particular - to shed light on what is going on with any holdups either before it gets to GSO or at GSO). I

Also, the packages in reference are ones where GREENSBORO is in the middle of the tracking path (not originating from GSO OR ending up in GSO, just a stopping point along the shipping travels if that makes sense).  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

i guess only somebody that works for usps or even in one of those sorting centers could explain why some packages get scanned and then put on a loop where they sometimes go in circles for days, until they find their way out of it again.... i really have no idea.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The BIG problems are not only the delayed time that the buyer gets their purchases but the higher costs they have to pay as many times the customs are higher than normal and the fact that the items are repackaged no matter how well you package them initially and shipping has to be priority while first class international is much cheaper. There also seems to be at times  no seller protections as one can often read in the Community. I get many sales from buyers who tell me it is because I don't use the global shipping program.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Interesting. I live in NC as well and most of my shipments end up there before getting re-routed. I ship everything on time yet have a heck of a time keeping the Top-Rated Seller status because shipments don't make it there in time.  Most of the time the item doesn't get an original scan and just "pops up" in it's destination city days after it was picked up. Most of these go through Greensboro at some point after leaving my hands. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@ryanrobyn wrote:

The BIG problems are not only the delayed time that the buyer gets their purchases but the higher costs they have to pay as many times the customs are higher than normal and the fact that the items are repackaged no matter how well you package them initially and shipping has to be priority while first class international is much cheaper. There also seems to be at times  no seller protections as one can often read in the Community. I get many sales from buyers who tell me it is because I don't use the global shipping program.

They are NOT talking about the Ebay overseas (GSP) program.  That is in Kentucky.....

Just a note, there are several Distribution Centers that seem to be a problem.......  I know I've seen bad complaints about ones in FLA TX CA.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Precisely what I am referencing, yes!

"...the item doesn't get an original scan and just "pops up" in it's destination city days after it was picked up. "

It's just help up and delayed with no specific details on tracking notes as to WHY.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply