cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD TILL CANCELLED BREACH OF CONTRACT?

I have had a store on eBay off and on since 2002.  I can't count the times they have changed things without getting consent from the sellers and I'm honestly fed up.  Paying monthly for a store, how are all these changes not a breach of contract when they give us no choice to opt out of them?  Ideas anyone?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: GOOD TILL CANCELLED BREACH OF CONTRACT?

@destinys_cove wrote:

Paying monthly for a store, how are all these changes not a breach of contract when they give us no choice to opt out of them

Because you agreed to let them change it without notice:

"eBay reserves the right, with or without notice, to substitute, replace, or remove Stores features and functionality. "

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Yes, a breach of contract but what else is new.  THis was supposed to be a spring update.  Why the heck did it start today?  IT's not spring yet.  I can answer that.  It started today to start screwing sellers as quickly as possible and not let them align their fixed price ads in such a way to make it easy to close them on day 28 or 29.

I am very disappointed in this change .

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

"Paying monthly for a store, how are all these changes not a breach of contract when they give us no choice to opt out of them? "

-------

Legally speaking, I've seen this brought up before here.

Each time we've received an update from eBay, over the years, hasn't it basically said that further use of their site to sell, constitutes acceptance of eBay's new terms?

And that the only way to 'opt out', is basically to close your account?

?

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I guess I don,t get it. Is this just another way to charge the seller additional fees? If so, how much? What other selling sites do people use with success other than CL?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@destinys_cove wrote:

I have had a store on eBay off and on since 2002.  I can't count the times they have changed things without getting consent from the sellers and I'm honestly fed up.  Paying monthly for a store, how are all these changes not a breach of contract when they give us no choice to opt out of them?  Ideas anyone?

• I do not think there is any breach of contract? 
  • You have not even expressed what you are upset about?
  • You could review the eBay store subscription terms of use contract that you agreed to.  Here is a link for you

https://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Good Luck Selling!

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@destinys_cove wrote:

Paying monthly for a store, how are all these changes not a breach of contract when they give us no choice to opt out of them

Because you agreed to let them change it without notice:

"eBay reserves the right, with or without notice, to substitute, replace, or remove Stores features and functionality. "

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I called Ebay customer service and asked to log my complaint regarding the forced "Good Till Cancelled". I would hope others will do the same.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

This is absurd ll seasonal items and prefer to keep items back now and then . I prefer the 30 day optipn - and would like to see a petition to bring it back . This is nothing but a money grab -nothing else.   Bring back 30 day listing option - So sick of Ebay doing this **bleep** with no seller input.   they continually forget who pays the bills.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

More Greedy Money For eBay, they won't stop till they sink the ship!
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I look at it as such - They want to charge you more for providing less. Good Til Cancelled does not provide the same visibility as 30 days or less postings. They can tell you different but many are seeing negative results and is crippling many over this new policy. I have not bought anything on ebay in more than a month now and will continue not doing so until this is reversed. Typically I spend 8-10K a year but until I see this reversed, I am taking my buck elsewhere.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I have been selling since 1999  I do not feel the good till cancelled benefits anyone but ebay.  They give a store owner free listings, then take them away by relisting your items without you making the decision whether you want to continue a listing or not.  Ebay is getting worse in how they treat their sellers, I am ready to close up shop and move on

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

The feedback about this nonsense may have worked. Customer service reps I spoke with today (5/22/2019) assured me they were bombarded with negative feedback regarding this and the whole mess leaves the platform in July.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I sure hope so it is not fair

Message 13 of 13
latest reply