Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

below standard w/ 100% feedback and all 5 stars

ebay. think we are done. you have zero actual customer service. today was my 2nd 'below standard' email-- yet I have 100% feedback and 5 stars in over 300 sales.My 3 children and I have gone through the wife leaving, then the death of my 17 yr olds b...

Do you have a "Rule of Thumb" that nearly always works for you?

I nearly always end my auctions on Sunday night. My rule of thumb is whatever the overall bid price for everything is Friday night if I triple it it will be my minimum sales for Sunday. In most cases it is correct and unfortunately it normally will b...

Seller sold to someone else

I put in a best offer on something and it was accepted on June 9th. Paid for it right after it was accepted. June 12th messaged seller if he mailed it yet because I had received any status changes on it. I sent him screenshots of PayPal transaction w...

Resolved! Offers with questions attached?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I didn't find the answer in search feature. I received a very acceptable offer with a question attached. The question asked me to confirm a specific model/style name. I did not mention an exact style name in my ...

Starting to Deal With Dreaded GTC Without Losing My Mind-How About You?

Well been a month & just starting to do the end GTC items a few hours before they roll over. Just a few daily but keeping up so far. Today had my 1st sale of an item about 10 mins before I was set to cancel. No idea if this note in my description hel...

User avatar by Guide
  • 74 replies
  • 11 helpful

Returning to eBay with old negative feedback

I am trying to sell on eBay again, but my old account has a lot of negative feedback from a few years ago. I am wondering if it makes sense to just start over or is there some other way to clean up this account. Even with the negative feedback I stil...

defect rate is a scam? why would ebay use it to limit listings?

So eBay claims I have a high defect rate (4 items in one year) , one they were willing to address because it was recent (in April) and remove. However as soon as I complained and removed it, the system "decided" I was in under performance territory f...

Resolved! So.. I am below standard and it's my third cycle..

When i first started getting used to Ebays selling platform and fees, i made a few mistakes. I also had been asked to cancel a few orders before i knew the "right way" to do it. I just now started getting the hang of it, and i'm doing pretty good now...

Buyer filing SNAD with incorrect measurements

A buyer filed a SNAD return complaining that the item doesn't match the size chart (off by 3 inches). My auto-returns accepted the item and I received it back. I measured it myself and it matches the 3 measurements shown in the size chart. Took photo...

New "My Selling" page format

Over the last 12 months eBay has made a number of changes to the "My Selling" pages. One is an overview of all your account activity and now is just a limited overview of items listed, sales total for the last 60 days and active items. I have to expr...

Resolved! Noticed an app feature to send offers to watchers

Through the app random listings of mine now have a feature where I can send an offer to people watching not even having to message first. This is the first time I have seen this. Are there any additional fees for me by using this feature if a watcher...

Oh My, just received an Offer to Trade/Barter.

Oh My, just received an Offer to Trade/Barter. Buyer sent a message, hey I see you are selling XXXA, and I have a very similar XXXB, I want to know if I can get your XXXA and I will give you my XXXB, and I am willing to throw in a few dollars. Is thi...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors