cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD TIL CANCELED A VERY BAD IDEA

I have never posted a thread before until now. This idea has to be one of EBAY's worst ever.

we constantly are running 7 and 10 days auctions and re-listing them. Simply because of the

fact that people see an item, put it in their watch list, and we always get lots of action the last

24-48 hours before it ends. And if they miss it, sometimes they come back to the new listing

when we start it back up. WOW, this is a really dumb idea.....do you hear me EBAY??

Please send some feedback, whether you agree or not....I'm talking to sellers like me.

Thank you!        P.S.         I could live with -one-  other option like 10 day or 15 day.

Message 1 of 165
latest reply
164 REPLIES 164

xxjenaxx

I sell one offs, not of the quality you sell, but still, long tail one offs. I changed from 30 day FP to GTC last Sept because I didn't want to have to do manual relists during Q4. I never looked back. It hasn't been a problem.
Just trying to figure out what insurmountable hurdle GTC poses for you that you must liquidate?
Message 31 of 165
latest reply

GREEDBAY says it ALL!!! Frustrated and Fed Up!!!
Message 32 of 165
latest reply

It's very simple: money grab for ebay, Say you list on May 1. On May 31, unless you act in time, you will be charged a (re)listing fee. Now say you are a casual seller and use the 50 free listings each month. If you use up your free listings before May 31, it means ching ching ching ching ching for ebay, and boohoo for sellers. To avoid this, you are supposed to cancel or pause your listing. I like the idea of set and forget, but I've been used to the natural reminder of  turning over the calendar.  

Do people really come back 45 days after they first found your listing? If buyers like your merch, but want to check it at a time that suits them better, e.g., next payday, they can bookmark you.  Also, the 24 hour period when autions begin and end has been the most likely time I make sales.

There was a time when I was looking forward to making $3000/year via ebay. In my biggest year, about 15 years ago, I made $2200 in gross sales. Now, I hope for $300/year in sales with a realistic gross of $220.

Over on et.s.y., I pay 20 cents to list an item for FOUR MONTHS. There is an option to automatically renew. You can deactivate ("pause") an auction, but the listing countdown clock keeps running. Easy to understand, easy to maintain, and less likely to catch me out. My sales-to-listings ratio is MUCH better on et.s.y. 

I also use e.b.id. I have a lifetime "Seller+" account. Sadly, even though their fees are lower, e.b.id is all but unkown, which is reflected in my lack of sales. I use it more as a listing tool for composing future ebay and et.s.y listings.

Ebay has been playing games with small-budget sellers for several years, trying to squeeze every last penny out of us. I expect them to charge non-store sellers for listing revisions in the not-too-distant future.

David, aka "photoline" on multiple platforms

Message 33 of 165
latest reply

I called Ebay customer service and asked to log my complaint regarding the forced "Good Till Cancelled". I would hope others will do the same.

Message 34 of 165
latest reply

I agree. It's a profoundly bad, crippling move that serves no function but a money-grab. I use 30 day listings so I can monitor and price down stale listings, and this is going to make my work dramatically less efficient. Once again, eBay demonstrates that its sellers don't matter. Nobody wants this, but it doesn't matter. We all might as well be talking to ourselves, here.

I really wish someone would provide some real competition to this monopoly.

Message 35 of 165
latest reply

I agree completely.

Message 36 of 165
latest reply

I have GTC and fixed price listings of different durations and the GTC items hardly ever sell - certainly not as fast as the others There is no sense of urgency on the buyers part that he item will end so they want to buy it now.

Message 37 of 165
latest reply

This is a terrible idea. I listed one unsold item again at a fixed price & realized it was going to keep being relisted until sold and ofcourse we will be charged listing fees unless we have time to end listings on the correct date. Guessing a lot of smaller sellers or smarter sellers will switch to auction, then probably just leave Ebay. Stupid idea.

Message 38 of 165
latest reply

I AGREE--I THINK IT SUCKS, HAPPENS JUST AS MY STORE IS RENEWED-- NOT HAPPY AT ALL---TRULY WISH THEY WOULD RETHINK IT

Message 39 of 165
latest reply

Seller Hub makes it easy to keep an eye on any ending deadline you are concerned about, and listings can be ended quickly and easily from Seller Hub, You can end hundreds in seconds. Also, at least three third party listing tools allow you to schedule early endings, so basically you can automate an early ending (if you are willing to pay for the tools, which of course, have many other features as well.)
Message 40 of 165
latest reply

Totally Agree!!!!
Message 41 of 165
latest reply

Yes, I'm sure many sellers like you and myself are listing on ebay for our convenience. If it is not convenient for us, they might loose our business and their easy money!
Message 42 of 165
latest reply

Exactly how I feel after 18 years.
Message 43 of 165
latest reply

Regardless, it's at the bottom of the page - like fine print in some high interest rate contract.

Harry Temkin, YOU SUCK!

Message 44 of 165
latest reply

When you have a GTC item and it sells and only a quantity of one do we have to go in and cancel the listing?
Message 45 of 165
latest reply