cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD NEWS FROM EBAY- SELLERS PROTECTION :)FINALLY

ebay HAS GIVEN FINALLY GOOD NEWS 

New abusive buyer protections and reporting feature update

We're implementing stronger measures against buyers who don't follow eBay's abusive buyer policy. We're introducing new measures to proactively find abusive buyers, prevent them from filing return requests, and in some cases suspend them. When we find that a buyer violated the policy, we will remove any feedback and defects, including opened cases in service metrics.

We've also made it easier for you to report buyers who violate eBay policies. Now when you report a buyer, you can more clearly describe what the buyer is doing to help us investigate potential policy violations and take actions to protect you.

Reduced search visibility for sellers who use a retailer to ship directly to buyers

Sellers who use retailers or marketplaces to ship directly to buyers are in violation of our drop shipping policy and will be lowered in search results, giving sellers who own their own inventory or drop ship from wholesalers greater search visibility.

We protect you in other ways, too

Additional protections include:

• Removal of negative feedback and defects when you've done your part (e.g., tracking shows on-time delivery) or when things happen that are beyond your control, such as weather or carrier delays.
  • Partial refunds in the returns flow for items returned opened or used when you offer free returns.

Learn more about the many ways we protect you on eBay.

Your track record matters

This summer, we will announce new seller protections that will be based on your track record and how we will protect you when you provide great service to buyers.

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

@uniwarehousewares wrote:

ebay HAS GIVEN FINALLY GOOD NEWS 

New abusive buyer protections and reporting feature update

We're implementing stronger measures against buyers who don't follow eBay's abusive buyer policy. We're introducing new measures to proactively find abusive buyers, prevent them from filing return requests, and in some cases suspend them. When we find that a buyer violated the policy, we will remove any feedback and defects, including opened cases in service metrics.

We've also made it easier for you to report buyers who violate eBay policies. Now when you report a buyer, you can more clearly describe what the buyer is doing to help us investigate potential policy violations and take actions to protect you.

Reduced search visibility for sellers who use a retailer to ship directly to buyers

Sellers who use retailers or marketplaces to ship directly to buyers are in violation of our drop shipping policy and will be lowered in search results, giving sellers who own their own inventory or drop ship from wholesalers greater search visibility.

We protect you in other ways, too

Additional protections include:

• Removal of negative feedback and defects when you've done your part (e.g., tracking shows on-time delivery) or when things happen that are beyond your control, such as weather or carrier delays.
  • Partial refunds in the returns flow for items returned opened or used when you offer free returns.

Learn more about the many ways we protect you on eBay.

Your track record matters

This summer, we will announce new seller protections that will be based on your track record and how we will protect you when you provide great service to buyers.

Good news?  I see nothing new.

Message 16 of 89
latest reply

Just empty promises....  they are adding a way for me to describe how I'm being mistreated by buyers?  I already could do that.   I'm surprised they didn't include.... "we won't let buyers that haven't paid leave negative feedback for you."Nothing new in the announcement about seller protection.

The only new item is about retail drop shippers.  & I doubt that will help me much.... maybe my listings will be a bit higher in search results.

Message 17 of 89
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

And how do you expect how Ebay will define "When we find that a buyer violated the policy"?  Will it be the seller's word or the buyer's word?  Will it be the seller's pics or the buyer's pics?  I have read the "update" and at best I only see neutral news regarding seller protections.

The announcement said they are starting to take proactive steps, which indicates they are moving forward to identify specific violations before sellers get involved.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 18 of 89
latest reply

Agreed! I report every single bad buyer I get, via telephone to eBay. Turning in one dishonest person at a time, I refuse to let them get away with anything because I would only be training them to do it to the next seller.

Turn them all in everyone, together we stand, divided, we go broke 🙂 LOL

Message 19 of 89
latest reply

It's written very vaguely, so I will refrain from judgement until I start to see and read how their new protections are, um, working for the sellers. They say things, but with no explanations or 'what' they plan on doing.
Message 20 of 89
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

The announcement said they are starting to take proactive steps, which indicates they are moving forward to identify specific violations before sellers get involved.

Good Luck Selling!

moving forward to identify specific violations....

what were they doing before when we were reporting buyers?  

nothing new on sellers protection... atleast not in this update.

Message 21 of 89
latest reply

There is no specific plan outlined and they used the word may... Will abusive buyers be given strikes again? Will Ebay block IPs from abusive buyers so they can't buy and create guest accounts?  One can buy an alternate IP for little money so it's not going to stop them.

How about outlining the specific consequences - sometimes that alone is a deterrent. Have the mail fraud and IC3 links posted for sellers to use in the case of fraud - or if investigated and buyer is found to be abusive - Ebay can file it themselves.

We had protection of a sort from abusive buyers - but there was never any set plan on what was to be done to them - it was left up to Ebay's discretion.

We're often told that they can't get into specifics - but they are pretty specific when giving us our rules and policies for selling here. Buyers should be held to the same standard. Buyers want to know that if they do decide to sell something here - they themselves will be protected.

Message 22 of 89
latest reply

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. but once again,, Ebay has made empty vague promises in their seller update announcements that in fact is not backed up with actual policy..

So I just read the update. I navigated to seller protections. Under faq.

the question is

"will ebay now remove false not as described returns affecting my seller metric...."

ebay's response says yes. we will now remove false not as described from your seller metric.....

So I immediately call in . .. They will not remove a false not as described that is affecting your seller metric.. UNLESS. the remove the buyer and classify them as an abusive buyer... so basically,, all of the mistaken not as described returns that were incorrectly opened will still count against us.....I almost threw up in mouth when the rep put me on hold and came back with that response.... so um, basically, nothing has changed.

Message 23 of 89
latest reply

but i have seen something new, recently i have call ebay many times for some issues specially when the shipping is late due to carrier problem, and finally i communicated with buyer to settle the feedback but now if shipment is late you get N feedback , it will get removed it will also effect the returning process which will void " item arrive too late"
Message 24 of 89
latest reply

I have one return in my seller metric.  "Wrong item"  In reality the buyer picked the wrong seller to open the case against, even stated that and apologized when she closed the case, but it is still there counting against me.   

I am not supposed to worry because it is only "one".   

No, it should be NONE.  

She wasn't an abusive buyer, just confused.  I still have a bogus entry in my metrics as a result.  

Message 25 of 89
latest reply

It just sounds like pretty much the same protection we currently have...only said louder.   I feel ebay probably has taken action against prolific scammers, but I've been lucky to avoid those. 

My problems are from common ordinary buyers that buy by mistake and don't want to take any financial hit for doing so.  They may not do this often, and ebay isn't going to point it out or do anything to them.  They add up for me over a year, though, and I don't expect any protection from this is on the way.   If the return penalty ends up hitting me over false return claims, then it will be decision time for me.

Message 26 of 89
latest reply

@webwanna wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

Good Luck Selling!

moving forward to identify specific violations....

what were they doing before when we were reporting buyers?  

My guess is they were assembling buyers accounts into specific violation areas and will proactively make changes to the buyers accounts based on there findings.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 27 of 89
latest reply

Absolutely you point out good thing what they were doing before when we report buyers, actually they now may be find out there are so many scammers coming what i have been screaming from many days about it but no body listen me, now they did very little changes just to calm the sellers, but little change is also good, something is better than nothing.
Message 28 of 89
latest reply

I have a question about the seller metric. I just called customer service twice and was told that ebay will still be implementing the defect on sellers accounts in the event that a return is clearly opened incorrectly. I currently have 5 of these and am livid by this. All were closed out by ebay in my favor and all will go against my service metric. I thought in the spring update "When we find that a buyer violated the policy, we will remove any feedback and defects, including opened cases in service metrics." means that ebay will be able to remove those from the metric. But customer service says contrary and that they are interpreting it as only cases where there is a bigger investigation as in a buyer getting kicked off for abusing the system, not just opening up an item not described case. Can you please clarify this as this will determine if I will continue selling on ebay or jump ship as this is not something I can willingly stand behind. I am a wonderful seller and love my buyers and take care of them very well. It's unfortunate that I do not feel the same from ebay.
Message 29 of 89
latest reply

this is serious problem, some CS don't know what is going on, i think you should call CS and reach to supervisors and than ask them, unfortunately there are so many CS people are not expert that is reason sellers cannot found exact answers and its like arrows going in air.
Message 30 of 89
latest reply