cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD BYE EBAY AND PAYPAL-NEW SELLER MUST READ!!!!

After only selling for 4 months I am saying "Good Bye" to eBay and PayPal!!!

The worst selling experience ever-THERE IS NO SELLER PROTECTION!!!

What an absolute failure this venue/platform has been.

A BIG "THANK YOU" TO MY AWESOME CUSTOMERS!

Message 1 of 190
latest reply
189 REPLIES 189

Re: GOOD BYE EBAY AND PAYPAL-NEW SELLER MUST READ!!!!

@zinda2010 wrote:
same happened to me. you report the bad buyers and you will get a defect for that sale, no where is this posted in eBays rules terms or policies. They just keep thongs vague and not completely explained to make sure you have a way to give you some defects at any time they want to. pay pal can then hold your money and make a profit from a short term investment, ebay can manipulate you into doing as you are told and if you don't like it they don't care to hear about it from you so you can leave any time you want, EBay's new way of doing business with their sellers/coworkers/partners/money makers.

Things posted in eBays rules terms or policies are usually hard to find. Besides when you call support the rules, terms or policies seem to change agent to agent. Not a good way to do business.

Message 181 of 190
latest reply

AND GOOD BYE TO ANOTHER COMPLETELY DEAD THREAD!

Message 182 of 190
latest reply

@rednarlenes wrote:

AND GOOD BYE TO ANOTHER COMPLETELY DEAD THREAD!

The core problem still remains.

Ebay is losing good sellers.

Sellers have very little or no protection under the "rules" as they are.

Message 183 of 190
latest reply

I have this happen to me quite often, what they do is ask me to not place any invoices in the box (which I never do anyway) but they also ask me to make a notation on the label with a C/O and a number or something so they won't have to open it to find out what it is before they reship it off as their own. I always let them know that 9 out of 10 times i will forgot to make any notations to my packages, I will never remember to change any address unless that request is attached to the payment and shows up on the shipping label page as a note to seller. Even then it's probably unlikely i will do any changes to the address. If they do not respond to my message before the items need to be shipped i just ship as they are.

I have never had any problems when i sell to these buyers, i can say that they are among the few that i never have to worry about as far as a problem buyer is concerned.
Message 184 of 190
latest reply

so you only sell buy now?

Message 185 of 190
latest reply

Amen .you can get ripped off owning a store .an employee can steal a customer can break an item! one bad experience shouldnt be the "standard" of bad . i got a unfair  bad feed back but certainly not by any means has that out wieghed the many wonderful customers! good luck to you 

Message 186 of 190
latest reply

Necrothread with a NARU OP no_mouth

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 187 of 190
latest reply

I'm closing my account in 30 days, as soon as eBay will allow me to. Won't be buying or selling on eBay ever again.

Message 188 of 190
latest reply

Too bad! I hope you find a better place to sell. If you do let me know!

This is why I am afraid to sell on Ebay. I'm told Ebay used to be so great when it first started!

Message 189 of 190
latest reply

I am very new to Ebay, but I have been in retail sales for over 30 years. All retail has loss (or theft), the standard percent is 4%. It does not matter where you sell you will have loss so it is better to accept this and move on then throw a fit!

Message 190 of 190
latest reply