cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funnest ebay glitch ever

Was checking the bidder requirement list and saw this. 'Something' tells me it's a glitch

IMG_0559.JPG

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Funnest ebay glitch ever

Ah the classic 'Unix Time' base value.    It's basically what happens when the time stamp is missing or unreadable at that moment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Funnest ebay glitch ever

Wow was a member before the internet and eBay was in existence lol 😆 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Funnest ebay glitch ever

@a-lotta-stuff 

Lol! A glitch to say the least.  Never a dull moment on eBay!

Thanks for the laugh!  🤣😅

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Funnest ebay glitch ever

If you like that one, we have another one - not a glitch, more a head shaker.

Got a question sent from an active listing - note I typed active listing - question was:

IMG_0561.JPG

OK, has six feedback received so a newbie who doesn't know ..... Oh, member since 2018 and on the next to last fb received the seller put in ship date - 2/9/2019

Two days later got a message from same still active list from different person:

IMG_0560.JPG

OK... low feedback so a newbie who doesn't know ..... Oh, member since 2007 and last fb received mention covid. OK

Today is 'two days later' - we will see if we get number three.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Funnest ebay glitch ever

You got yourself a time traveller there! LOL

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Funnest ebay glitch ever

@a-lotta-stuff wrote:

Today is 'two days later' - we will see if we get number three.

Back in the day, that was the opening for a scam in which they would engage you in chit-chat and eventually ask for additional photos to be sent, which (at that time) would require you to email the photos from your offsite email account. That would in turn reveal your offsite email address to them, and you would eventually receive some kind of fake payment notification directing you to ship before money would be deposited in your account. Needless to say, no money would ever appear.

Nowadays there are various enhancements and safeguards to minimize that risk (for starters, you can now attach photos to your eBay messages; no email needed), so I share your wonder at what those users are thinking...

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Funnest ebay glitch ever

"opening for a scam"

Hey I know that! - I've been on eBay since it was just 'aPond' [in-house joke] - all kidding aside, I started with mail order at 14 in '68.  Both blocked after I stopped shaking my head/rolling my eyes. Beside I 'disrespected' them in my two line response sent to both:

"Hello.

You sent this question from an active listing page for these xxxx?

You know, the page you look and buy from? 

So if you really,  really, really want to buy them then just press the big blue 'buy it now' button.

Oh wait, we blocked you."

I signed the first one and Wendy did the other

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Funnest ebay glitch ever

An update about the 'member since' guy - after trying to bid on the item three times, he sent us a message after it ended saying how he was 'on a plane' and couldn't  bid. We could tell it was 'him' by the 1969 member since and feedback count info in the message. So we replied:

"Really. On a plane. And I thought that you couldn’t bid on this because you have "too many unpaid item strikes" - That's what it says on the "Buyer Requirements Activity Log" page. Being on that list means you're auto blocked till your 'strikes' time out ... so ...

Thank you for sending this ebay message as it has your account name, feedback amount and when you signed up. The buyer requirements activity log hides the person's ID but does show their feedback and sign up date. Both match yours.

So now we just go to the 'Block buyers from your listings' page and add your ID. So ... you can just stop trying to bid on it.

Have a nice day"

Message 9 of 9
latest reply