cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrations with negative feedback

I am extremely frustrated with the new ebay philosophy on feedback.  They state feedback is all about the "buyer's experience".   I've been selling for 24 years and received my first 2 negative feedback within the last few days.  The first one the customer used profanity in the feedback and complained about receiving nosey feedback questions.  As you know, we as sellers have nothing to do with feedback questions. Ebay sends those reminders to buyers.  Ebay removed the wording on the feedback, however, they said they couldn't remove the negative mark. So now all it shows is two dotted lines and the negative feedback.

The most recent negative feedback was a product review. The buyer said "Very difficult to set up. No rain fly. Is roomy and good construction.".  Once again, it had nothing to do with my listing, my communication, shipping charges or times. It had to do with the product that was completely sealed. 

As most know, Amazon separates seller feedback from product feedback, where ebay combines them all together. In regards to both feedbacks, the agents I spoke with on the phone agreed that they weren't fair to me and should be removed, however, it was out of their hands and there is a new "feedback team" that takes care of that.   It's very sad that there's no longer a one on one connection where you can discuss the issue and ebay makes the proper decision. Now everything is based on the buyer's experience and the buyer could be happy on 99 items out of 100, but that one negative thing they feel, results in negative feedback and an increased fee on the sellers side.

It's just getting tougher and tougher to sell on ebay because so many negative things are happening that are out of our control. If they are going to be that worried about the buyer's experience, then they need to bring back the ability for sellers to rate buyers.  It's extremely unfair that they can rate us, but we can't rate them. Ebay says it's ok to have negative feedback and that most buyer's understand, but tell me how you feel about something on Amazon or ebay when you see a negative feedback.. You immediately think the seller did something wrong.  Well in the case of both of these negative feedbacks on my account and with confirmation from ebay that I did nothing wrong, then why am I getting penalized??

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I know it stings bad when you get those negs but if you look at many other websites there are absolutely great sellers who have taken the hits this way and they are still successful and buyers tend to be pretty savvy about evaluating a few bad comments from the overall picture of this sellers stellar performance. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You are right about Ebay cracking down on feedback removals. They have taken a very hard stance on this as of late. It was discussed on other threads awhile ago.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I buy all the time from sellers who have some negative feedback including Amazon because I know and most people know that some of those feedbacks are a bunch of baloney.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

They cannot bring back the seller evaluating the buyer. Sellers with no taste or brains would be putting all kinds of garbage up about buyers and the buyers who come here to buy will see that and RUN FOR THE HILLS. Be grateful for your own selling account that those types of sellers can no longer do that. It causes good customers to abandon the ship.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@simgrutradingco  leave factual diplomatic follow up comments to the negatives

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Ebay should remove the second one, as it is clearly a product review.

I have had similar feedback removed before.

If you've been denied, I would keep trying.

I don't think you'll be able to get the other one (with no comment) removed.

Good luck!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I actually can't because they removed the comment. I tried and it wasn't working. I called ebay and they said it's because they removed the content part so there is no way for me to reply.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I requested removal for the first one that is a product review and ebay denied it saying it doesn't violate the feedback policy.  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply