cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

So eBay has completely let me down.

A rundown, eBay refunded the buyer on December 26th when I opened my last thread where my PayPal went negative. My appeal was denied despite sufficient evidence and even a police report against the buyer. 

A couple days ago the buyer opened another case on PAYPAL and then last night ebay DEBITED ME AGAIN(!!)??! To refund the buyer. 

basically the buyer got two refunds and now wants a third one.

CA80BEF5-1AB3-4687-80A1-93524787BE2E.jpeg

Original transaction refunded on December 26th caused my paypal account to go negative 

chargeback from buyer filed on saturday

and a refund to the buyer (again) from eBay last night

AND to top it all off now eBay is telling me I can’t sell anything anymore. Even though the buyer was the one trying to scam me. Now the buyer has TWO REFUNDS

AND MY BAG

and obviously they got greedy and wanted a third one from PayPal. Yet I am the one who is being punished unfairly. I have NEVER had any case opened against me (or even opened any kind of case against someone) in 10 years of buying and occasionally selling on eBay. 

So I basically lost nearly $8000 and a $6000 bag. 

I called PayPal and they told me it’s an eBay problem, I called eBay and they told me it’s a PayPal problem.

Completely unfair despite no history of claims and disputes opened against me, yet the buyer had abused this system before and eBay ADMITTED that! 
but they said there’s nothing they can do.

This can not be legal.

So what are my options here? I am livid. 

Message 1 of 473
latest reply
472 REPLIES 472

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

@rschissler wrote:

The fact that you are not allowed to sell anymore, makes me wonder about the authenticity of the bag?  I know there were questions about this on the last thread, but those posts got deleted by the mods.

Anyone notice the OP has sold 2 similar bags in the last 30 days or so?

Message 196 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

@rschissler wrote:

The fact that you are not allowed to sell anymore, makes me wonder about the authenticity of the bag?  I know there were questions about this on the last thread, but those posts got deleted by the mods.

I believe that those posts about authenticity caused an issue for the whole case.  It started out as a INR and made an about face when people drifted away from the main topic.

Seller since 09/20/01 ~~ this is my posting ID.
Message 197 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

@thevintagesilvershop wrote:

@rschissler wrote:

They were different bags!

Message 198 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

The post stated "similar"---they didn't say they were the same.

This case has become emotional and an argument that "I am right you are wrong" for too many people.  Everyone needs to accept the fact that we just don't have all the facts and probably never will.

Message 199 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

@moondogblues 

been following this since day one...and my same question...where is the bag? considering the amount(s) of money already lost, at least the seller should get the bag back. JMO.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 200 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

@rschissler wrote:

I think that the difficulty eBay had in issuing/recovering the refund in this case would have been enough reason to remove the member's selling privileges. 

I once had a seller issue a refund by e-check, which bounced after about 10 days. eBay then refunded me, and the seller was NARU'd a few days later. I presumed it was because they owed eBay for the reimbursement. In that case, the seller was reinstated a few weeks later, but they were permanently NARU'd a few months after that.

Message 201 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

@rschissler wrote:

Seller had an issue with a $1k bag, then an iPhone, then cancelled the sale of another bag, then this bag had issues all within a year or so (most within a few months), so eBay may have decided to cut ties before another serious issue arose.

Message 202 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

@iaintdoingit 

i agree...and who is to say even tho this is an INR case, who knows if someone (not the buyer) may have reported it to someone that no matter the INR, the bag is a fake...which i do not believe it was...what i want to know, where is the bag?

Message 203 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

@lacemaker3 wrote:

I don't believe the buyer has gotten a double refund. The original refund was processed as an e-check, which means the buyer would not get it until it cleared (which apparently happened on Jan 4). OP's information shows that the e-check did not clear for at least 9-10 days (Dec 26 to Jan 4) which is the time point when an e-check normally fails for NSF, and PayPal gives up on it. Also, the buyer did not start the chargeback until Jan 4, so it was started before they received the refund when the e-check finally cleared (Jan 4) or from the CC charge (Jan 5). I'm sure that PayPal will get the chargeback thrown out.

Actually, in my experience with e-check refunds, Paypal takes the money from my checking account the first night they send the request to my bank, then it sits in "pending" status for 4-5 days before it is actually refunded to the buyer, I guess to make sure the bank doesn't stop payment on it.  I think the 9-10 day delay (Dec 26 to Jan 4) was the 10 day grace period Paypal gives for you to replenish your account with money to cover the negative balance.  It sounds like the OP never did that so Paypal went and got it on the 4th but the refund is probably still in "pending" status to the buyer today since it's only been 3 days.  Maybe when the buyer saw that the refund still wasn't coming to them after 10 days on the 4th, they filed the chargeback thinking they were never going to get the refund and not necessarily trying to get a second refund.  Also, it's possible when Paypal has to go get the money because the opportunity to make it right with them passed, that could be enough for eBay to suspend their selling account.

Again, ALL guesses but trying to make some sense of all this.

Thanks Lace for clearing up my "insert quote" issue - as you can see I got it to work this time!

Message 204 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

@abfabvintage wrote:

@iaintdoingit 

i agree...and who is to say even tho this is an INR case, who knows if someone (not the buyer) may have reported it to someone that no matter the INR, the bag is a fake...which i do not believe it was...what i want to know, where is the bag?

From my understanding, the buyer has the bag.

Message 205 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

@iaintdoingit wrote:

@thevintagesilvershop wrote:

@rschissler wrote:

They were different bags!

I said 2 bags that were “similar” not “same”. The reason I mention that is that OP seemed to have the same problem with the bag sold on NOVEMBER 4 and was posting a very similar situation regarding it on the REDDIT forums. Odd that. 

Message 206 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

@iaintdoingit 

then the seller needs to ask/request from ebay to get the bag back.

Message 207 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

I do have to wonder how many more times this 'buyer' will get to send messages to sellers saying "thank you for the free gift".
Message 208 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

At this point, considering the amount(s) of money being discussed regarding this bag, it is possible that there are grounds for felony theft.

Since the buyer is in Washington State, do you have any friends or relatives in that state that may be acquainted with a lawyer, who can actually put some legal pressure on this buyer to return both your $6000.00 bag, plus the $4000.00 which the buyer has reaped from the reimbursement made from your accounts?

Throw out an "all points" plea on Facebook, and see if you get any offers.  It is quite possible that some Washington lawyer (as a favor to a friend or relative), will assign your case on a "collections" basis, and at least get you some lesser reimbursement, and possibly even get your bag back.

Good luck!

Message 209 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

In the listing I had posted proof that the item , in my eyes was authentic

it had a receipt with the matching serial no and everything and it was purchased on tradesy which guarantees authenticity!

Message 210 of 473
latest reply