cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found out how long eBay takes to give up on an abandoned return

I had posted a week or so back wondering what to do with an opened return where buyer looked to not be returning the item.  They had until July 27.

Just a few minutes ago early on August 3 I got an email that "Case #xxxxxxxx has been closed" and the funds have been taken off hold.  So it took about a week.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Found out how long eBay takes to give up on an abandoned return

Hi I was wondering about that I have one hasn't been returned and yesterday was the last day so I guess I have 6 days left before ebay drops it. Trying to contact ebay is such a joke now as you just go from 1 Bot to another for half a day just trying to get to a person.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Not sure of the reason for the return but if a return label was provided to the buyer make sure to cancel that label so you do not get charged for it. Not sure how long other shippers take to refund but USPS takes about 6 weeks to refund you for a canceled label. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

Not sure of the reason for the return but if a return label was provided to the buyer make sure to cancel that label so you do not get charged for it. Not sure how long other shippers take to refund but USPS takes about 6 weeks to refund you for a canceled label. 

If the return shipping label isn't used, you aren't charged for it.  No way, that I know of, to cancel one that is sent thru the ebay process.  So there is not going to be a refund........if it isn't used. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply