cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For The Love Of God How Do You Add Different Sizes???!!!

I've never seen a platform as big as eBay hide product variation options the way they do. I finally, after 3 hours figured out how to get to where you add the word "size" and the sizes I want to add then it displays "fabric type" & when I try to add "size" it says I have to delete one of three other options that I can't find. This is absolutely mental lmao...

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Welcome to the jungle. 🐒

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

I'm sure you have the exact same listing page as I do.

Mine aren't hidden.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Can you send a screen shot of yourproblem, so maybe someone can understand your problem and offer a solution?

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

A screen shot of what you are seeing would really help.  I use variation listings often.  I do know it is a bit of a learning curve, but once you learn it, they are really easy to use.  We are happy to help, just let us see what you are seeing and that will help us help you @ghost-gambino 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

I got aggravated and deleted the listing. I got as far as adding the sizes but when I tried to name the variation "size" instead of "fabric" I kept getting a pop-up saying I had to "delete colo or size" or something else before I could change "fabric" to "size". It took me a while before I could figure that I had to switch to a business account or whatever to even access variations. I don't know why they wouldn't make that one of the default settings on both personal & business accounts. I've been building websites & ecommerce sites for years & never saw anything like this lol. I'll start all over today & see how it goes.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Variations are a little fussy. If you want to try again, I'll be glad to help you through it.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

I'm assuming when you say switch to business account you meant the advanced listing tool?

It sounds like you were using the (very) basic so called quick listing tool.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Yeah I've been trying again for the past 45 minutes...whoever decided to implement this in the way it is needs to re-think things. I've never seen something so complicated for something so easy in my life. So it keeps saying "to add this attribute, remove the value added for it in Item Specifics".  I cleared out everything in item specifics, deleted the product name, everything that I could and it still says the same thing.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

wow can't post screenshots either?? I might as well cut my losses now & save what's left of the little bit of sanity I still have.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

One thing, for variations, I ALWAYS start a new listing. Don't use sell similar. I don't even like to edit a variation listing I already created because it is so fussy. 

Re this screen shot, to get the SIZE TYPE added, I clicked the +add that was next to ACCENTS and is now next to SIZE TYPE. Then REGULAR showed up below that line when I clicked SIZE TYPE. Then I clicked +add next to REGULAR and added PLUS. If you don't want PLUS, then don't add it.

If you want FABRIC and ACCENTS to go away, click in the X on them. But, I always add what I want to add before I delete what I don't want.

Then you click on each size you want to include in your listing, ie S, M, L, XL which go in to the box to the right.

Screenshot 2023-10-10 10.11.42 AM.png

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

I'm assuming when you say switch to business account you meant the advanced listing tool?

It sounds like you were using the (very) basic so called quick listing tool.

There are two types of accounts on Ebay for sellers.  Personal and Business.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@ghost-gambino wrote:

I got aggravated and deleted the listing. I got as far as adding the sizes but when I tried to name the variation "size" instead of "fabric" I kept getting a pop-up saying I had to "delete colo or size" or something else before I could change "fabric" to "size". It took me a while before I could figure that I had to switch to a business account or whatever to even access variations. I don't know why they wouldn't make that one of the default settings on both personal & business accounts. I've been building websites & ecommerce sites for years & never saw anything like this lol. I'll start all over today & see how it goes.

This likely happened because there were preset titles for you.  When you chose to create one that already existed, that is when you see an error like you did.

https://export.ebay.com/en/listings/how-optimize-your-listings/how-to-create-listings-with-variation...

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/creating-listings-variations?i...

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

If “Size” is an existing item specific, you can’t name your variation “Size”. You have to do something like “Shirt Size” or “Size of Item”, something even a character different. That’s probably what was causing that specific  issue, I’ve run into that before.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

For The Love Of God, You Need To Say A Prayer!

Message 15 of 21
latest reply