cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flipping.

Flipping should be made illegal on ebay. Hundreds of selfish people buying out stock such at graphics cards when there are people like myself that are atually wanting one and selling them on for hundreds of £'s more! Absolutley disgracful!

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Flipping.

Make it illegal, disgraceful---really.  All I do is flip items.  It's called buying low and selling for a profit.  If I can buy all of an item low -- I do it.

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

Ummmmm, that's what eCommerce is all about, buying items low and selling them for more.  If that was illegal on eBay (or any other eCommerce site) there would be no eBay (or other eCommerce site).  You should also go after every second hand store, pawn shop and heck any business that sells items for more than they buy them for.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

@taylor-8847 wrote:

Flipping should be made illegal on ebay.

If they made it illegal on Ebay, it would have to for every other ecommerce site and all B&M locations.

They all buy merchandise to sell for a profit.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

It is the goal of every retailer to sell items for more than it costs to acquire them.

Walmart is a 'flipper'.

Best Buy is a 'flipper'.

Target is a 'flipper'.

If that concept were made illegal, the entire world economy would grind to a halt.

Funny you are complaining that people should not be allowed to sell items for "too much". A little while back there was someone here complaining that sellers should not be allowed to sell things for "too little" 🙂

Just goes to show that not every idea posted here is a good one.

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

Actually the real reason graphics cards are so expensive has to do with cryptocurrency mining, and thus it boils down to supply and demand so first we need to outlaw crypto miners from acquiring graphics cards, then we have to outlaw flipping and last but not least we should make supply and demand illegal as well as speculation of course, because people speculating that something will be worth a lot is cause to drive prices up too!

Lots of work to be done here, for sure.

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

What you mean I should not purchase at auction a item for $10.00 and sell it for thousands????

Flipping is the way to make money. Its an eBay thing you know.

Don't like the price do not buy it.

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

I know nothing about graphic cards. The following applies to all items:

Flipping should be made illegal on Ebay. Okay, fine. What about Amazon? Walmart? The local grocery store?

You realize that unless you buy direct from the manufacturer, every single retail business out there is a form of "flipping", right?  Every seller out there has an investment in goods, and they are allowed to sell those goods at a profit. How much is up to them.  Some sellers have warehouse space and employees and bills that have to be paid. I suppose those costs should just go unpaid?

Or should the no flip rule apply ONLY on Ebay? I swear Ebay is the ONLY venue out there where sellers are expected to give their items away, lose money and be happy about it. 😡

Now...if an item is essential to life and health, and people grab them all to resell, that is ILLEGAL during a crisis. The last time I checked, graphic cards are necessary for neither life nor health.  Food, water, medicines, hygiene items, yes.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

Wally World should not be able to buy cheap carp from China and flip it on the USA market. Hmmm....

Message 9 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

Yep, disgraceful that you flipped some nike shoes yourself.  why didn't you leave someone buy them from the store that was willing to wear them?

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

If I can't flip things for a profit I better get a different job working 10 hours a day.

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

So flipping should be illegal on ebay? So our items that we hunt, buy, load, haul, unload, wash, paint, fix, price, photograph, display, sell, package, send, ....aren't worth getting a few extra bucks for?

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

To be FAIR-UH.

There is a thread here now about a guy trying to flip a DOOM Switch game around +15-20% the going sealed rate and ebay ended his listing because of something something...very bot sounding.

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

@monster-dealsare you a fan of Letterkenny?

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

Not much would be sold on Ebay then. All items from garage sales, thrift shops, estate sales would also be considered flipping. 

Message 15 of 48
latest reply