cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flipping.

Flipping should be made illegal on ebay. Hundreds of selfish people buying out stock such at graphics cards when there are people like myself that are atually wanting one and selling them on for hundreds of £'s more! Absolutley disgracful!

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Flipping.

@monster-deals wrote:

To be FAIR-UH.

There is a thread here now about a guy trying to flip a DOOM Switch game around +15-20% the going sealed rate and ebay ended his listing because of something something...very bot sounding.

Likely deemed excessive price because it is a gaming related item, and those that can not go to school/work because of the pandemic need it to be entertained at home, so the seller is taking advantage of a disaster related situation...............................    eBay policy

Message 16 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

Flipping ? Like the Nike shoes you sold for 130 GBP ? You could have donated those to some poor unfortunate individual. I'm sure those shoes probably cost 30-40 GBP when new.

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

So flipping should be illegal on ebay? So our items that we hunt, buy, load, haul, unload, wash, paint, fix, price, photograph, display, sell, package, send, ....aren't worth getting a few extra bucks for?

Absolutely not! How dare you even think such a thing.

You are supposed to happily do all of the above at no cost. It's even better if you lose money in the process, because this is Ebay.  Remember to smile during the process!

Ebay is supposed to be the lowest price bargain outlet on the internet, it's immoral for a seller to make even one cent of profit.

(please read the above in the heavy, dripping sarcasm that is intended)

Ebay is the only site where this is expected. Not Amazon, not Etsy, not even Mercari. Only here are we supposed to give our stuff away and be ashamed if we profit even one measly penny.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 18 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

@demar_226 wrote:

@monster-dealsare you a fan of Letterkenny?

That's a hard no.

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@monster-deals wrote:

To be FAIR-UH.

There is a thread here now about a guy trying to flip a DOOM Switch game around +15-20% the going sealed rate and ebay ended his listing because of something something...very bot sounding.

Likely deemed excessive price because it is a gaming related item, and those that can not go to school/work because of the pandemic need it to be entertained at home, so the seller is taking advantage of a disaster related situation...............................    eBay policy

If you are trying to say little Timmy NEEDS bloody chainsaw action in Hell, I would say that is slightly north of ridiculous.

Message 20 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

@acrc3113 wrote:

Flipping ? Like the Nike shoes you sold for 130 GBP ? You could have donated those to some poor unfortunate individual. I'm sure those shoes probably cost 30-40 GBP when new.

good catch.

Message 21 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

Perhaps you might have to settle for just a plain graphics card since there are so many that will do just about everything.  I guess, however, if it is a specific purpose or need, one might just have to fork over the bucks as it seems that demand does often drive the price.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 22 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

😂🤣😂

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

it's called "capitalism"...

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

Flipping should be made illegal on ebay. Hundreds of selfish people buying out stock such at graphics cards when there are people like myself that are atually wanting one and selling them on for hundreds of £'s more! Absolutley disgracful!

You seem to very badly want to be a communist.

Welcome Comrade !

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

eBay outlawing flipping would still be capitalism.  This is a corporation, not a government entity.  Outlawing flipping might be a terrible business decision, but it would still be a decision made by a capitalist entity.   

(I  make my living flipping).

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 26 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

Well,

there goes Antiques Roadshow!

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

@18704d wrote:

Well,

there goes Antiques Roadshow!

Lynn

My ex-DH used to be addicted to that - he called it The Traveling Junk Show.  I remember one individual years back had something he had brought in assessed at about $25,000 and almost passed out lol.  Now that would be a FLIP!

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 28 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

To ban 'flipping' would be unAmerican.   That type of action would be seen in a communist run country.  We are a  capitalist society. 

What you can do is stand in  line and shop frequently to get the items you want.   Most people are willing to work, and work hard to get things they want.  It's not an entitlement to have a particular graphics card.

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

Flipping.

Not to mention that graphics cards aren't limited edition items or anything of that sort. There will be plenty of them made, so OP will have no trouble getting one eventually.

Besides, it's not like there are even any games that NEED the newest cards to run, anyway. Game companies aren't dumb-- they want to make sure that as many people as possible can play their games, which means making them so that even lower-tier graphics cards are able to run them too.

Message 30 of 48
latest reply