cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time selling on ebay, just need some help with payment.

My laptop has been bought by someone in Canada, and they say they have paid for it already. When I check my sold items it says payment has been initiated and is being processed by Paypal. Am I good to ship the item now, or do I wait? I just want to be sure that I don't get scammed. Here is the email i got from service@intl.paypal.com 

https://i.imgur.com/ajINOsy.png

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you haven't received anything yes. IF you had received payment it would have been refunded automatically.

Now we have to ask what reason did you use for cancelling?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Go to your Paypal account (always do this) and see if the payment is there. So not log in from a link in that email, type in the URL. If the payment is there, see what it says next to it. If it says Pending, that means the buyer has paid with an echeck and you should NOT ship until it clears.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

when you login to paypal and you go to your transaction page  IT says,  OK to ship , then you ship, not until then. Disreguard any email that says "I've paid" when are you going to ship and do not login into any links todo so sent in these emails. 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

I don't see anything in my transaction page so I'm assuming this is not legit, but how come ebay says  payment was initiated when I don't have anything saying that in my paypal account?

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@erache_10

1) Log in Directly to your Paypal account.

2) If payment is deposited into your account - you will see "Ok to Ship"  on that particular transaction.

3)  Make sure Both the eBay shipping address And the Paypal address is 'Same to Same' or Similar or

Identical.

If I have forgot any important tip to this OP - other forummers do add in or correct the above.

-

Lucas

*still rollin' with the punches*

Sophie Forever Sidekick: Apr 2007 to Sep 05, 2017

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

it says payment has been initiated and is being processed by Paypal.

This is normal.

You are a new seller and your Payments are being Held by Paypal against your good service.

Because your customer is in Canada, the e-cheque  payment has to clear two banking systems, which takes longer than a simple credit card backed payment.

Send a polite note to your customer and let her know that you have received her payment and it is being cleared.

Let her know that as soon as you can print a shipping label, you will.

BTW, one way of checking that your customer's payment has cleared is that PP will allow you to use the money to pay for a shipping label.

Even if the payment is being Held.

Best wishes in your new venture.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

but how come ebay says  payment was initiated when I don't have anything saying that

Either the buyer or the seller can mark a transaction paid on eBay.

This makes cash payments (usually local pickups) easier.

ONLY trust your PP account.

Also, just in case, check your PP account to make sure that the email you used there and the email in your listing match.

And don't sell electronics until your feedback matches your prices.

If you have 10 feedback sell $10 items. If don't you have 10000 feedback , don't sell $10,000 items.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@erache_10

You have NOT been paid. That website is a scam address. No such thing as intl.paypal.com

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Thanks, I canceled the order. However when I canceled it, the ebay email said I should refund the order. Do I just ignore this?

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

If you haven't received anything yes. IF you had received payment it would have been refunded automatically.

Now we have to ask what reason did you use for cancelling?

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@erache_10

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=service@intl.paypal.com&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Apparently, that particular email you have received is a scammed email. Please be careful.

Check on the above link.  And pay heed to the advice given by the forummers.

-

Lucas

*still rollin' with the punches*

Sophie Forever Sidekick: Apr 2007 to Sep 05, 2017

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@erache_10 wrote:

I don't see anything in my transaction page so I'm assuming this is not legit, but how come ebay says  payment was initiated when I don't have anything saying that in my paypal account?

If you logged in directly to Paypal and do not see this transaction, then you are being SCAMMED.

Held payments will still show in Paypal. You're seeing payment initiated on the Ebay side because the buyer marked the item as "payment sent", which is a holdover from the old days when checks and money orders could be accepted.

If there is no transaction from this buyer in your Paypal account, you have NOT been paid.  File the unpaid item dispute 48 hours after the listing ended. Close it out 96 hours later. Be sure to block the buyer http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

I used issue with buyers address as the cancellation reason

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@erache_10 wrote:

I used issue with buyers address as the cancellation reason

you should have filed an unpaid item dispute.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Well in this case, I doubt the "buyer" is going to call eBay to dispute that.

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 15 of 21
latest reply