cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First sale, item is delivered today but no feedback yet

The item I sold for the first time has been delivered today but I haven't got any feedback from the buyer.

How long should I wait until I should ask for a feedback?

When I cliked the buyer's username I saw other feedbacks from sellers. 

Should I leave a feedback first to get the buyer's feedback?

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

If a month goes by and I haven't left feedback for a seller, there's a good reason.

Also, I hate getting messages that say "friendly reminder"  as if I should consider myself fortunate that I'm not getting an unfriendly reminder that I really deserve.

Williams and Sonoma is always sending me friendly reminders that they're saving items for me that I looked at.  I didn't put them in my shopping cart, so they can take their friendly reminder and put it where the old wife put her butter.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 31 of 55
latest reply

@uswholesalecap

I would leave FB when you see the item has been delivered. Then leave it alone.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 32 of 55
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tableclothwrote:

Buyer feedback arguments cannot go both ways. Either buyer feedback is useless and sellers can leave at will OR it is meaningful and therefore sellers should wait to leave it until the buyer does. It can't be both things..

I think it can.  While more or less useless overall, it can be meaningful as far as signifying the end of a transaction.

Seller Lists

Item Sells

Buyer Pays

Seller Ships

Buyer Receives

Buyer Verifies item

Buyer leaves FB

Seller leaves FB

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 33 of 55
latest reply

@div_stylewrote:

I leave FB for buyers immediately.  I know it doesn't mean much, but buyers seem to like it, it costs me nothing, and I have never had a problem as a result of doing so.

I would NOT EVER ask for feedback.

Ditto. ^  And in eighteen years' selling (and buying) here, I've received only three negatives (from buyers who failed to read descriptions), two of which were revised.

I've also left over 2,000 more feedbacks than I have received, which is fine--No News Is Good News.  slight_smile

Message 34 of 55
latest reply

@castlemagicmemorieswrote:

I am a buyer and I am very intentional about leaving feedback.  If I don't leave it, there is a good reason I did not, and it is to the seller's advantage.

But still messages asking for feedback come, pointing out that I left you positive feedback, please do the same.  So I respond, When I don't leave feedback, I have  a good reason.  I save negative feedback for truly egregious behavior.  I did not leave feedback for you because I did not think you would want your future potential buyers to know that you sent a rare, fragile, vintage porcelain figurine in a ply mailer plastic envelope/bag.  

Or that your item had significant, undisclosed damage, and then I list it.

Apologies.  So you see no feedback may not be a bad thing, it may simply be the buyer being kind and not damaging your feedback.  The issues were not enough, in their opinion, to document through feedback, and they let it go.

Edited to add:   However, if you press the issue and ask for feedback, that kind buyer who chose to not leave you negative may then be inspired to leave that neg and state exactly what they were not happy with, including the fact that you pushed the feedback issue.

So a BIG RED SHINY DOUGHNUT AND:

HERE'S THE FEEDBACK YOU BUGGED ME FOR!  (True story~someone actually posted this!)

Message 35 of 55
latest reply

@Anonymouswrote:
With all due respect, as far as I know, I have not broken any rules, but thank you for pointing out this fact, you are most kind.

With all due respect, you might read the Ebay Board Rules of Engagement for enlightenment.

Message 36 of 55
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will do that, thank you!
Message 37 of 55
latest reply

Late to the party, but do want to tell you CONGRATULATIONS on your first sale!

Of course you can't wait to see that first selling feedback!

Just be patient, concentrate on great, accurate listings, packing well and shipping within your handling time, and feedback will come!

Wishing you all the best for much more success in the future!  

Message 38 of 55
latest reply

@Anonymouswrote:
With all due respect, as far as I know, I have not broken any rules, but thank you for pointing out this fact, you are most kind.

With all due respect, you might read the Ebay Board Rules of Engagement for enlightenment.

What is it with people recently, begging for kudos or to be chosen as solving the problem?

Message 39 of 55
latest reply

@thatsallfolkswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

What is it with people recently, begging for kudos or to be chosen as solving the problem?

Hi, thatsallfolks, I truly don't know.  Some OPs even choose their own post as the solution!  SMH

Message 40 of 55
latest reply

@city*satinswrote:

If a month goes by and I haven't left feedback for a seller, there's a good reason.

Also, I hate getting messages that say "friendly reminder"  as if I should consider myself fortunate that I'm not getting an unfriendly reminder that I really deserve.

Williams and Sonoma is always sending me friendly reminders that they're saving items for me that I looked at.  I didn't put them in my shopping cart, so they can take their friendly reminder and put it where the old wife put her butter.

I never say anything about being a "friendly reminder" in my email to a buyer.  And if they don't leave feedback after that I don't worry about it.  I've always had good luck with reminders and never once received a neg or bad feedback from anyone I've contacted.  We all do what works best for us.

"In the end, only kindness matters."
Message 41 of 55
latest reply

@thatsallfolkswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

I've noticed that too - like being back in grade school and getting that star from the teacher!

These Most Helpful are not indicative of anything. I often kudo posts not because they are helpful or informative but funny, something I can relate too ect.... Just because you're near the top of the pack does not mean you're knowledgable around here!

Message 42 of 55
latest reply

@714gorillawrote:

@city*satinswrote:

I never say anything about being a "friendly reminder" in my email to a buyer.  And if they don't leave feedback after that I don't worry about it.  I've always had good luck with reminders and never once received a neg or bad feedback from anyone I've contacted.  We all do what works best for us.

Since you put friendly reminder in quotation marks, I thought you were quoting your message to the person you were asking forfeedback.

Glad to hear that at least you don't use that term when sending people friendly reminders to do something they're not required to do.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 43 of 55
latest reply

@city*satinswrote:

@714gorillawrote:

@city*satinswrote:

Since you put friendly reminder in quotation marks, I thought you were quoting your message to the person you were asking forfeedback.

Glad to hear that at least you don't use that term when sending people friendly reminders to do something they're not required to do.

Sometimes people will put something in quotation marks to mean that's what it's "suppose to be" or referred to as.  Most of us have seen people do the quotation marks with their fingers when talking. So that is why I used that.  Most know that buyers or sellers are not required to leave feedback.

Message 44 of 55
latest reply

@city*satinswrote:

@714gorillawrote:

@city*satinswrote:

See response above

Message 45 of 55
latest reply